cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I try to connect to my server from within the SAP Logon GUI, the application closes.  The output log is pasted below.  This is a fresh 7.30 install that is working on many other boxes...any ideas?

********************************************************************************

****************************  SAP AG, Trace File  ******************************

** Main trace mode: Error, Warning, Developer Notes and additional data

** Program:     C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP\FrontEnd\SAPgui\saplogon.exe

********************************************************************************

SAPPCTXT CALL: SapPcTxtLoad(path: NULL, prj: GUIDLL lang: EN, trc = 3, errmode = 0)

Path changed from >(null)< to >C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP\FrontEnd\SAPGUI\lang<

HEADER: key: _SAPPCTXT_HEADER_

fileformat: 2

release: 7300

project: GUIDLL

language: EN

codepage: 1100

timestamp: 21.11.2013-06:02

timestamp: OK

ENTRY : >DETAILED_ERR_DESCRIPTION< >0128< >Do you want to see the detailed error description?\n<

ENTRY : >GUI_ERR:RECREAD< >0128< >Cannot read from playback file.\n[rc: %d records: %d]<

ENTRY : >GUI_ERR_ANSWRITE1< >0128< >Cannot write response file (Position 1).\n[rc: %d]<

ENTRY : >GUI_ERR_ANSWRITE2< >0128< >Cannot write response file (Position 2).\n[rc: %d]<

ENTRY : >GUI_ERR_ANSWRITE3< >0128< >Cannot write response file (Position 3).\n [rc: %d]<

ENTRY : >GUI_ERR_CLIENTEXEC< >0128< >'%s'\ncould not be started (rc=%d):\n%s<

ENTRY : >GUI_ERR_COMPRESS< >0128< >Compression error [rc = %d]- program will be terminated\n<

ENTRY : >GUI_ERR_DECOMPRESS_SEND< >0128< >Decompression error (sending) - program will be terminated.\n[CsDecompr: %d]<

ENTRY : >GUI_ERR_EYECATCH1< >0130< >%s has an invalid file format.\n\nThis file has been recorded with an SAP GUI<

ENTRY : >GUI_ERR_EYECATCH2< >0130< > older than 3.1G\nor is not a play file at all.\nUse only files recorded<

ENTRY : >GUI_ERR_EYECATCH3< >0130< > with SAP GUI 3.1G or higher for replay\nwith this SAP GUI.<

ENTRY : >GUI_ERR_FILEWRITE< >0128< >Cannot write %sfile '%s'<

ENTRY : >GUI_ERR_FOPEN< >0128< >Cannot open %sfile '%s'<

ENTRY : >GUI_ERR_INVAL_MSG_VERS< >0128< >Installation problem. Invalid message version.\nSession will be canceled<

ENTRY : >GUI_ERR_LB_ADDITIONAL< >0128< >Additional error information:\n\n%s<

ENTRY : >GUI_ERR_LB_GENERAL< >0128< >Logon balancing error %d:\n\n%s<

ENTRY : >GUI_ERR_LB_INITIALIZATION< >0128< >Logon balancing: initialization error (rc=%d)<

ENTRY : >GUI_ERR_LB_MSG_SERVER< >0128< >Logon balancing error %d: Cannot connect to message server (rc=%d)\nDo you want to see detailed error information?<

ENTRY : >GUI_ERR_LB_MSG_SERVER_CONNECT< >0128< >Logon balancing error %d; could not connect to message server (rc=%d)\n<

ENTRY : >GUI_ERR_LB_NO_ADDITIONAL< >0128< >No additional error information available<

ENTRY : >GUI_ERR_LB_PARSER< >0128< >Logon balancing: parser error in '%s'<

ENTRY : >GUI_ERR_LB_SAPROUTER< >0128< >Logon balancing error %d: Set SAProuter failed (rc=%d)<

ENTRY : >GUI_ERR_LB_TIMEOUT< >0128< >Logon balancing error %d: Set timeout failed (rc=%d)<

ENTRY : >GUI_ERR_LB_UNKNOWN_WO_STR< >0128< >Error in logon balancing routine (rc=%d, err=%d)<

ENTRY : >GUI_ERR_LB_UNKNOWN_W_STR< >0128< >Error in logon balancing routine (rc=%d, err=%d):\n\n%s<

ENTRY : >GUI_ERR_OPTION< >0128< >Invalid playback/record option<

ENTRY : >GUI_ERR_OVERHEAD< >0128< >Error/Info in protocol OVERHEAD<

ENTRY : >GUI_ERR_RECREAD< >0128< >Cannot read from playback file.\n[rc: %d records: %d]<

ENTRY : >GUI_ERR_RECWRITE1< >0128< >Cannot write to record file (Position 1)\n[rc: %d]<

ENTRY : >GUI_ERR_RECWRITE2< >0128< >Cannot write to record file (Position 2)\n[rc: %d]<

ENTRY : >GUI_R2_ACCESS< >0128< >R/2 systems are no longer supported<

ENTRY : >NO_DETAILED_DESCRIPTION< >0128< >No additional error information available<

ENTRY : >NO_DETAILED_DESCRIPTION2< >0128< >No additional error information available<

ENTRY : >NUM_RECORDS< >0128< >Number of records %d<

ENTRY : >SYS_MESSAGE< >0128< >SAP System Message:\n%s<

ENTRY : >GUI_ERR_ALLOCATE_MEMORY< >0128< >Memory allocation failed<

ENTRY : >GUI_ERR_DECOMPRESS_RECV< >0128< >Decompression error (receiving) - Program will be terminated<

ENTRY : >GUI_ERR_LOGREADING< >0128< >Failed to read log file<

ENTRY : >GUI_ERR_NETWORK_LOST< >0128< >Network connection for session was closed<

File EOF detected

Shortcut keys existing in the texts ...

Shortcut key generation ...

CALL: SapPcTxtLoad returns ok (tid 063AC7C0)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Probably the logs from C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP\SapSetup\LOGs would be of more interest than the SAPlogon or SAPGUi trace files, though it's hard to be certain.  It does appear there is something screwy with the installation on this workstation that isn't happening on the others, and since you say the SAPGUI install is identical to the others, then maybe something else is interfering.  Have you scanned the workstation for malware?  Do they have third-party toolbars and browser helpers installed (i.e., Google Toolbar, Ask Toolbar, etc)?  Can you ping the SAP server you're trying to reach from the workstation?  I would try to make the workstation as clean as you can, and then try again with a fresh install of the SAPGUI.

For the fresh install, rather than just uninstalling and reinstalling, it may be of some benefit to truly clear all traces of the old installation away.  Uninstalling alone doesn't do this.  Finding all the folders and registry entries is a bit different depending on whether it's Windows 7 vs Windows XP, etc, whether it's 64-bit vs 32-bit, and whether this was an upgrade of an older SAPGUI version or a clean install where no SAPGUI previously existed.  The steps I take to do this on my test workstations go something like this:

1. Run the uninstaller from Control Panel... Add/Remove Programs.  Be sure to also uninstall extra components, such as SAPSetup Automatic Workstation Update Service or SNC Client Encryption, etc.  Basically anything associated with SAP.
  2. Use REGEDIT to delete the registry keys:
    1. HKCU\Software\SAP
    2. HKLM\Software\SAP (for 32-bit Windows)
    3. HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\SAP (for 64-bit Windows).
  3. Delete any of the following folders which exist (depending on OS and upgrade vs install, not all will be present):
    1. C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP (for 64-bit)
    2. C:\Program Files\SAP (for 32-bit)
    3. C:\Program Files\Common Files\SAP Shared
    4. Windows 7 (or Vista or 8):
      1. C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\SAP (for Win7, and note that AppData is a hidden folder)
      2. C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\SAP
      3. C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\SAP
      4. C:\Users\<username>\SapWorkDir
    5. Windows XP:
      1. C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\SAP
      2. C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application Data\SAP
      3. C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\SapWorkDir
  4. Delete the following files if found outside of the above folders:
    1. C:\Windows\saplogon.ini
    2. C:\Windows\sapmsg.ini
  5. Delete temporary files where possible:
    1. C:\Windows\temp\*
    2. C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Temp\*
    3. C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Temp\*
  6. Remove SAP-specific entries from C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\services
    1. Be careful editing this file, and if in Win7 you will need to first open Notepad with 'Run as Administrator'.
    2. SAP entries will start with 'sapms...', 'sapdp...', and 'sapgw...' and will usually be at the end of the file.
  7. Reboot, and reinstall.

Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Matt. I am on Windows 7 64 bit and have followed your walk through cleaning up everything I was able to.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Matt. I am on Windows 7 64 bit and have followed your walk through cleaning up everything I was able to but am still getting the same crash.  Attached are the trace logs as well as the setup log you have mentioned Matt.  Thanks

Please note that in order to attach the NwSapSet file which was 3 megs I have to zip it.  Since I cannot post zip files I renamed the zip file as .txt.  Simply rename NwSetup(2).txt to NwSetup(2).zip and extract to view the file

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't see anything that looks like a relevant error in the nwsapsetup log; it appears the installation itself went fine.  You aren't on the latest patch of sapsetup, but the patch you're on should be ok, and in any case it looks like the error occurs later.  The only part that's a little odd is that it looks like you are doing an installation via a package defined on an installation server, yet the installation server path appears to be in your local temp files.  Perhaps I'm misreading something about this.  Normally, when installing pre-defined packages to multiple workstations, the preferred way to do this is to setup an installation server and then to run the install on each workstation from there.  The other part that stuck out for me is that you are installing a package with a great many optional components included.  Do you really use all those add-ons?  If not, you can simplify your SAPGUI distribution considerably by reducing the number of components in your package to just the minimum required.  As an example, in the package we distribute to users, we include only SAP GUI, SAP Logon, GUI XT, SAP Automatic Workstation Update, and SNC Client Encryption.  Some of the optional components have dependencies on non-SAP Windows components that may or may not be installed on the workstation.

From the other logs you supplied, again, I don't see an obvious error.  At this point I'm suspecting it isn't actually anything to do with your SAPGUI installation, but something else is going on with this workstation.  I would check it thoroughly for malware and/or unneeded programs, using tools like CCleaner, MalWareBytes, SpyBot Seach & Destroy, GMER, etc.  And run a full virus scan with your preferred antivirus tool.

If that doesn't help, then my next suggestion would be to open an Incident with SAP Customer Support, and/or to ping on this thread.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for the late response Matt, thank you for your help.  I will definitely look into the things that you've mentioned but in the mean time I was able to fix the problem.  We have some networking connectivity issues from our site to our hosted data center that were causing this problem.   By resolving the connectivity issue, we were able to do the install.

The plan was the use that install on an installation server but time didnt permit me to get that set up so I will need to find resources on how to do that.  Also I will strip down the installation from extra components.  Thanks!--jon

jorge_velasquez
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jon,

I have similar issue wih SAP GUI 740, When doublé click on server connection SAPLogon closes with no reason.

Can you please explain what you did?

SAPGUI 730 Patch 0 Works fine in our  PC's. OS Win7

Regards

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jon,

Seems like you got no problem with setup for GUI.

This error suggests ((ENTRY : >GUI_ERR_LB_MSG_SERVER< >0128< >Logon balancing error %d: Cannot connect to message server (rc=%d)\nDo you want to see detailed error information?<))  your port configuration is wrong.Please ensure you are trying to connect to a valid IP destinations.If your are using a VPN connection  ensure it is connected to network  before working on it.A  basis folk can help you in this.

Hope it will address your query.

Regards,

Kannan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Interesting Kannan.

If I have other people connecting without issues from the same install could it still be a port configuration issue for this user?  For example I installed this executable on 10 machines with no problems.  Users and logged in and working within SAP however this one user keeps having the the GUI Logon crash.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you try uninstalling and reinstalling the GUI?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have tried uninstalling. restarting.  then reinstalling multiple times and get the same issue.  I have even tried to replace there SAP folder containing the GUI with a SAP folder from another users working installation.  I'm at a loss as to how to troubleshoot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jon,

Hope this link will help you in sorting this problem.Try buddy..

Regards,

Kannan