cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to dynamically/programatically add bar charts in section in asp.net c# webforms.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tried but couldn't get.

Best Regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A bit more info would have been nice...

For example version of CR

Version of VS

What you actually did

What sources you consulted

Etc., etc., etc.

I will assume you are using VS 2010 or later and "SAP Crystal Reports, Developer Version for Visual Studio .NET", Service Pack 9.... And if that is the case see the following developer help files:

Report Application Server .NET SDK Developer Guide

Report Application Server .NET API Guide

Specifically, in the Report Application Server .NET SDK Developer Guid  enter the search term "chart" at the "Search" tab. This should get you started. You may also want to see some of the samples here:

NET RAS SDK Samples - Business Intelligence (BusinessObjects) - SCN Wiki

Finally, note that the SDK is not as fully featured as the CR Stand Alone designer or the designer in the VS IDE. For more info see KBA 1425910 - What are the limitations of modifying a chart in a Visual Studio .NET application?

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry but thanks  i am using vs10 with sap crystal reports but there is not any reference for "ChartDefinition" there is only one class related to chart that is "ChatObject"

Message was edited by: Noman Saleem

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

vs10?

What version of CR?

I realize we're all busy, but I need you to take a bit of time and see if you can provide accurate and preferably a bit wordy information. I did. It's your turn.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

i am using CR version 13 and visual studio 10.

Actually i am working on project named as "Online Survey Management System" i have successfully added single Bar chart through drag drop, like on x-axis radio-button-options(Male,Female) are displayed and y-axis displaying their percentage of selection by different users(survey fillers).

Now the above chart is for single question but i want to show chart for every question,as i can only determine no of questions at runtime,so i need to add charts dynamically or at runtime in ".cs" file that shall be equal to no of questions, and want it to be in one single report.

Hope you will get

Thanks.

Message was edited by: Noman Saleem

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The SDK will not do this for you. What you may want to do, is pose the query in the CR Design forum. They may be able to help out from design perspective. E.g.; perhaps basing the chart on sections and suppressing when is not needed, etc.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok Thanks

Answers (0)