cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to calculate weight based on components

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Guys,

How do i calculate the weight in case of single-level configuration.!

I´ve got a BOM with all components.

All of them have weights in MARA.

the sales guys are now using the SD Order to choose the correct configuration.

The end structure is looking like this

its a filled cylinder: consisting of  (BOM items)

cylinder itself , lets say: 50 kg (in MARA-BRGEW)

liquid per litre, 1 litre = 1,2 kg (in MARA-BRGEW)

in the cylinder i can fill the qnty of 20 - 50

the qnty of liquid to fill in is also selected by the sales men.

No i need your help to calculate the correct weight of all components and

put into the corresponding field in the sd order item line.

as written in Changing the Weight in the Sales Order - Variant Configuration (LO-VC) - SAP Library

i´ve done this part as written, but how do i get the weight out of the components?

Thanks for your help in advance

Carsten

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carsten

Please review note 546516 and 935885. To read the weight  values please see if creating a reference characteristic to table MAAPV will help. This table has data from material master. You can then add  values of the characteristics that is a reference characteristic to MAAPV-BRGEW by using $SUM_PARTS. Please let me know if this does not help. I haven't tested it in our system but I can check and test in our system if it works.

Regards

Amber

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Amber,

i´ve tried but it´s not working, honestly, i think i´ve made a mistake, but anyway,

I´ve created the following characters:

Weight1 with reference to VCSD_UPDATE - BRGEW

and

weight 2 with reference to MAAPV-BRGEW

I´ve created a procedure "determine weight"

$self.weight1 = weight2

and put that into the configuartion profle.

On each line of the BOM i´ve an additional procedure

$self.weight2 = weight2

and a selection condition that only one item is possible to get the weight out of it.

How do i have to use the $sum_part funtion if i don´t want to create a dummy item ?!

Thanks for your help

Carsten

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Carsten Jackschitz,

I am trying to put few question which may clear your understanding as well as help me and Amber replying it.

when we are talking about calculating weight , we are assuming we will add weights from different KMAT from different levels to Final assembly.

As KMAT's are build on user selected components a a fix weight cant be fix on material master and if product structure of KMAT include various levels of KMAT's its necessary to calcuate weight based upon addition of weight of all KMAT's selected for final assembly.

In your case , you are refering a single level BOM and can you please specify how many KMAT's are present in this single level BOM and how do you want to calculate it?

Once weight is calculated usinbg dummy , you can pass this weight to sales order.

please go through link once again http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm700_ehp02/helpdata/en/0f/9b58b3752611d183670000e8a49aad/content.html

its clearly says,

Prerequisites

You can only use this function of a procedure for an object that can be configured interactively on multiple levels.

Check and reply.

Thanks

Ritesh