cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the pendant to a Scale Formula in TCM?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a question in the area of TCM regarding the following scenario.

We setup a standard rate table for the basic freight charge. This table is used for several customers.

The table consists of the following scales.

- Freight Class with scale items: 50, 55, 60, 65, 70, 77, 85, 92.5, 100, 110, 125, 150, 175, etc.

- Source Zip code

- Destination zip code

The Freight class is stored in the Forwarding Order item as a Commodity Code type.

So far the setup works fine.

However we have now special customer agreements which says:

if the freight class of the forwarding order is between 50 and 92.5 rate it as 50 and

if the freight class is between 100 and 125 rate it as 100. In all other cases use the freight class as is.

So for example if the forwarding order has an item with class 65 it needs to lookup the tariff in the rate table with class 50. In case of 175 it uses 175.

In ERP we would have implemented our logic in a scale formula . But how can I handle this requirement best in TM?

Any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

Tom

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Clark_Huang
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

You can assgin a helper class to the calclation base of the freight class.

In the custom class, you can determine the freight class as your logic.

Best Regards

Clark Huang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Clark,

thank a lot for your reply. That is a good hint. I will try it out.

Thanks,

Tom

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

Do freight class have continuous values over range 50 to 92.5? e.g 51, 52, 53? If yes, then you can you formula based calculation in TCCS. Use of Rate determination condition also could be checked.

If not & have only specific values like 50, 55, 60 then you can enter same rate 50 for these classes

~Sunish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunish,

thanks a lot for your reply. Unfortunately i cannot go that route.

Here's the background. We use a tariff e.g. 4711 for many customers. This base tariff is based on Freight Class, source & destination zip code and weight. Now we have some exceptions for specific customers where we agreed that whenever they ship something that is between freight class 50 and 92.5, we rate it as 50. I know that we could setup a separate rate table for this customer, but that makes the overall handling very complex. I need to have 1 base tariff that I can use for multiple customers. by that I only need to maintain 1 table. The logic for those customer-specific freight class exceptions I need to apply before it pulls the actual tariff from the table. So the steps would be:

1. Read actual Freight Class from Forwarding Order (e.g. FC 60)

2. Apply the "rate-as" exception logic. As a result for example the system uses not 60 but 50 as Freight Class.

3. Pull tariff from rate table with FC 50 , Source & Destination ZIP etc.

Do you have any idea where I can implement this "rate-as logic"?

Thanks

Tom

0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

As you described, it will be applicable for certain customers & not for all.

As Clark suggested, you could copy standard calculation base & creates own Z Cal base. There you could write logic to change freight class for specific customers.

Minor Disadvantage would that, real value of freight class will not be displayed in charge calculation as it will be overwritten. e.g. if freight class is 60, in calculation explanation it will be shown as 50.

Regards,

Sunish