cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDG - Data Replication to Legacy and ECC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We are implementing MDG-M on a separate hub. Data Model is extended to support both ECC and Legacy system.

Material Master Replication has two scenarios based on the two different CR types. Requester will decide whether or not material is required for the Legacy System.

1. CR #1 Materials will only be replicated to ECC: It will be peer-to-peer.
  2. CR #2 Materials will be replicated to ECC and Legacy:
    1. ECC replication will be peer-to-peer. Only SAP relevant content will be replicated.
    2. However, Legacy replication has to be via SAP PI. Some of the SAP fields such as Material Number, Lab Office will be mapped to Legacy Fields. There are also some custom fields which will be only replicated to Legacy System.

I appreciate if you can help me to figure out how to setup the Replication Model.

Thanks,

Hakan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

d024348
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Hakan

I assume you want to use not just ALE but DRF (periodic replication with change pointers).

A simple way is to create two replication models, one just for ECC as target, the other for both systems. Then you can implement a filter per replication model (transaction DRFF).

Note that this approach requires some indicator in the backend material for which target system(s) the material is relevant that is then considered in the filter.

This could e.g. be done by adding an indicator to the MARA containing that information as append field, then setting this indicator by a derivation (based on CR type or whatever - BRF+ or BAdI USMD_RULE_SERVICE).

Regards, Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo,

You are absolutely right. We'd like to explore DRF instead of using ALE.

Our indicator is the material type. Certain material types will be only SAP and others would be for both systems.

Unfortunately, we couldn't find good documentation on DRF.

Regards,

Hakan

d024348
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Hakan

Defining filters: Use transaction DRFF

Apart from that, I have these links:

MDG EhP6 Learning Map : http://service.sap.com/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000743543&

=> Master Data Governance

=> Overview: Master Data Replication in MDG for EhP6

=> Set Up, Implementation & Extensibility: Setting-up and Operating the Replication of Master Data

SDN - MDG Extensibility Center: http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-7858?rid=/webcontent/uuid/f0801486-9562-2e10-54b1-9c123497f1a7

Regards, Ingo

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

elke_menninger
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Documentation for DRF: Data Replication - SAP Master Data Governance - SAP Library

MDG 7.0 Set up for Material: http://help.sap.com/erp_mdg_addon70/helpdata/en/5b/362c74ba324597ace35c6422370afe/content.htm?frames.... See Chapter ‘Set Up Data Replication Using ALE with DRF’ in the Configuration Guide.

former_member188878
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Hankan,

I would suggest three approches to replicate the data from legacy system Via.PI

1.As mention by Ingo you can define filters and assing the seprtate replication model.

2.Define filters on Distribution models as well.

3.Replicate the material and fields can be restricted during  PI Oprtational mappings in ES repository.

regards

regards

shankar

former_member188878
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

small correction for step 3 it should be done in Message mappings