SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to derive Budget Period from Delivery date in PR/PO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I have activated the Budget Period functionality in FM (BCS). I am deriving the budget period from Posting date but in case of PR/PO I want to derive it from Delivery date instead of Document/Posting Date.I know it is not possible while standard derivation. Could any one help me with some suggestion like if I can use some exit/BaDI in MM. Also I am creating a PM order and at the time of release of PM order system creates the PR in background hence I need to know some kind of exit/BADI which can be called to update the Budget Period field in PR.

Thanks in Advance!

Regards

Rohit Goel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

waldo
Contributor

Hi, one doubt. In trx OF36, value type 50, which Comm. Budget it was selected?

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

waldo
Contributor

Hi, one doubt. In trx OF36, value type 50, which Comm. Budget it was selected?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Osvaldo!

I did not maintain OF36. By maintaining OF36 i can overwrite the posting date in FM and it will pick the Delivery Date of PR/PO.

Regards

Rohit

0 Kudos

You are welcome.

Keep budgeting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Osvaldo,

Thanks for the above solution. But I am having one more issue. The scenario is my delivery date in PO is say July but I did good issue in May hence the Budget Period should be May and not july in my GR and IV.

Now when I am doing GR in May then system is showing the Budget Period as July in GR but in FM Document it is populating as May. I have defined a derivation strategy to derive budget period from posting date so may because of that.

But when I am doing IV then it is again moving the amount from May to July. It may be right behaviour that system is deriving all the account assignment from Source document but is there any way to overwrite.

I have defined the derivation strategy with the condition that overwrite with new value if already written (Deriving from Posting Date to Budget Period).

Please guide me on this if possible.

Thanks in Advance

Regards

Rohit Goel

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use BADI_FMDERIVE (method FILL_CUSTOMER_FIELDS).

Regards,

Eli

P.S. If you update FM by delivery date, then delivery date automatically becomes FM posting date; thus, you won't have problem of deriving budget period.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Eli!

There is standard way of overwriting thru OF36. But anyway thanks for providing the input.

Regards

Rohit

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No problem. I didn't get your question, then. I thought that you would like to work with posting date, but derive budget period from delivery date. Of course, if your FM date is based on delivery date, then it is set in OF36.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Eli,

I have one more query to ask on the above scenario.

The scenario is my delivery date in PO is say July but I did good issue in May hence the Budget Period should be May and not july in my GR and IV.

Now when I am doing GR in May then system is showing the Budget Period as July in GR document but in FM Document it is populating as May. I have defined a derivation strategy to derive budget period from posting date so may be because of that.

But when I am doing IV then it is again moving the amount from May to July. It may be right behaviour that system is deriving all the account assignment from Source document but is there any way to overwrite.

I have defined the derivation strategy with the condition that overwrite with new value if already written (Deriving from Posting Date to Budget Period).

Please guide me on this if possible.

Thanks in Advance

Regards

Rohit