Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWBC for HTML - Cockpit menu shows SAP Standard Menu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

we are using NWBC for HTML Version 3.5.

We created a Cockpit named SELFSERVICES. The menu of the cockpit is defined in a composite role named SR_HR_ESS.

The cockpit can be accessed using an URL like https://server:port/sap/bc/nwbc/selfservices.

For users that have this role assigned everything works fine.

However, when a user opens the cockpit who does not have the composite role assigned the SAP Standard Menu is shown (Screenshot attached).

This is not what we expect. A message saying "No Menu found - Please contact your System administrator" would be ok.

Why does the system show a menu constructed of roles that do not contribute to the cockpit SELFSERVICES?

P.S.:

I activated the checkbox "Hide Menu from NWBC" in all the other roles of a test user without success.

I also installed note "1963267 - SAP NWBC ABAP Runtime Patch 36" without success.

TIA,

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Damean
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thomas

I think that's the standard behavior in NWBC 4.x  (i.e. If no NWBC role found, show standard SAP Menu).

In fact, 2 years ago, my interest is the exact opposite of yours. i.e.When NWBC 3.x could NOT find the cockpit, it will just crashed. Thanksfully, SAP resolved this issue in NWBC 4.x.  Try searching for the term "CRASH.04 CX_NWBC=>NO_COCKPIT" for more info; perhaps we could reverse engineer a solution from there.

Frankly, I think your issue is more a process related. i.e. As part of employee onboarding, security team should have decided what roles they should get.

Regards

Damean

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Damean,

thanks for your answer. The standard behavior may be useful for others - for us it is not .

I found a Badi named NWBC_RUNTIME_EXTENSION that lets you modify the menu.

( Method IF_NWBC_RUNTIME_EXTENSION~EXT_NAVIGATION_TREE).

This workaround seems to work for us.

Regards,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Damean,

I am facing an issue with NWBC menu.

When we are logging on the Development system the menu is displayed correctly but when we logon to prod, it shows SAP menu instead of user Menu.

We tried uncheck the option "USE SAP menu instead of User Menu", but it is greyed out. Again in Dev system this option is also not greyed out but in prod it is checked and greyed out.

Can you provide help in this?

thanks

Gaurav

Answers (0)