Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict inspection lot creation for a particular vendor only

former_member204463
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Is there any way to restrict inspection lot creation for a particular vendor even if 01-Inspection type is active. Let me know if it is possible after excluding solutions such as the functionality of QM info record (skip based on vendor certification system, source inspection lot).

Thanks & regards,

Keerthi P

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member184536
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash

As suggested by QM Gurus, your requirement is easily achievable by Q-Info record.

1. You can use DMR as suggeted by Caig S

2. Other the these two you can use user exit QAAT0001 and user parmameter    E_NO_INSPECTION for that particular vendor.

Regards

Manish

former_member204463
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks guys for the useful answers although it is not 100%

@ Manish, I guess the user exit you have suggested cannot be used the documentation ( To be used if no specific inspection type is determined)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you don't want to use the QM inforecord, you can set up an inspection plan for this vendor and add a DMR at lot level.  Only have two levels.  One initial stage and a second skip lot stage.

You'll have to inspect the first lot, but after that all future lots would be skip lots.  It's not 100% but fairly close.

Craig

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sir,

Im asking this out of my curiosity. Surely you have given another option to meet this but I expect your honest opinion on this matter.

Is it wise to use DMR & get skipped inspection lots when the purpose of eliminating inspection lots can easily be fulfilled by using Q-Info records?

Skipped lots would surely create more documents in the system and I don't understand any need when no inspection is required.

Regards,

Nitin

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would use Q-info records.  But I believe the OP in the original question was for options EXCLUDING Q-info records.  I.e. they indicated they were already aware of that option.  So why suggest it?

My guess is that the client does not wish to maintain Q-info records.  It is another master data item to maintain.  This is not really surprising and I've run into that issue before.

Craig

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes Sure. I have seen that. I inquired about the feasibility of choosing the best and standard solution for such type of issue. I didn't say why suggest it, I just want to clear off my head.

Thank you for explaining

ntn

former_member221025
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

NOT POSSIBLE

[ after excluding solutions such as the functionality of QM info record (skip based on vendor certification system, source inspection lot).]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash

Master master have inspection type #01 is activated and quality info record also created against the Vendor and Plant combination.

If you want to Inspection lot not generate at the time of the GRN then Got to the Quality Info record change mode Qi02 and Enter Plant, Vendor and Material. Go to Tab Inspection control and Tick mark - Source Inspection - No GR

former_member211676
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash

Activate QM proc activ in QM view of material master and creates quality info record. Activate the status No Inspection for inspection control field in inspection control tab.

When you do GR for purchase order of particular vendor no inspection lot will be created.

Regards

Kesava

papri_rudra29
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello guys

I have a question on the use of QIR for restricting the Inspection lot creation for a particular vendor.

It seems like a good idea to create a QIR for material, plant and vendor and in the Inspection control tab, to specify as 'no Inspection' .

During creation, system did throw me a warning that I should activate QM procurement active in material master. My question is regarding that. I do not wish to set up 'QM in procurement" active check box in the QM view of the material. That is because this checkbox is at MARA level and once you activate this for a material, it becomes mandatory to maintain a QM control key for all plants. I wish to avoid that.

Can I use QIR without these two fields activated in material master? Please advise.

As such, I was able to go ahead and create a QIR for the required material/plant/vendor combination.

Nevertheless, I wish to understand if it will have any other impact.

lakshmi_prasad7
Contributor
0 Kudos

You can control Creation of inspection lots through Quality Info Record : Insp.Control :No Inspection for Specific Materials for Specific Vendors