cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Keys

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please let us know how would the Import map recognise and differentiate the remotekeys that are set in both small and upper case for different records.

For eg: I want to map 'a'--argentina and 'A'--America. In this case, i have added remote key for 'argentina' with 'a' and added remote key for 'America' with 'A'.

However, in the import manager map, both 'a' and 'A' are both getting mapped to a single Territory 'argentina'.

Could you please help us on this.

Thanks & Regards,

Pradeep.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member226173
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep, The MDM system does not recognize the uppercase or lower cases in the system . By default i believe it absorbs the data in the Lower Case and ignores any other data . A simple work around for the issue is to use the 2 letter country code. Regards, Vag Vignesh Shenoy

shanthi_kumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

We have the option of setting the Case Sensitivity under configuration in Import Manager. By default it will be "Case Insensitive". Please change the configuration setting of Case Sensitivity to "Case Sensitive". Your Import should work after this. Please reply us with ur findings.

Kind Regards,

Thamizharasi N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vignesh,

Two letter country code cannot be placed in my case. Could you please let me know if any other possible solution for this problem.

Thanks,

Pradeep.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thamizharasi,

We have tried this "case sensitive" option for case sensitivity configuration.. But, it is behaving strange. If I add the remote key for 'argentina' as 'a' and 'America' as 'A'. In import manager, when opening the file both 'a' and 'A' are getting mapped to 'argentina' and in MDM, the remote key for 'America' is getting deleted and it is getting added to the 'argentina' Territory automatically.

former_member226173
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep, Try this out in the Dev or sandbox first . 1) When you are creating the country field values duplicate the description field and map it to the Remote Keys 2) Try importing the data now using the descrption of the country instead of single character code. Let me know if this works. Regards, Vag Vignesh Shenoy