cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PR Release Error In Classification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Experts,

When we doing configuration on Release Strategy Classification for PR. After creating Characteristic and Class, when we were already creating the Release Strategy Classification for PR, the "values for class" (in red box in Fig. 1), did not show up (Fig.2) .  May we know why this is so?

Fig 1

Fig 2

Thanks,

Matt

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Looks like there is some inconsistencies in your PR release strategy.

Do process again all the steps, if possible with different release group codes and release codes.

Release Groups

Release Codes

Release indicator

Release Strategies

And check again, it might be you missed some where some steps.

Refer the below wiki link it may help you..

Release procedure for Purchase Requisition in MM - ERP Operations - SCN Wiki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for all your help.  We redo the release strategy procedure and it is working well now.

Regards,

Matt

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please follow the release strategy steps correctly.

If you are doing a overall PR release, then check 'overall release for pur req' check in release groups. Also check the CL24N transaction code to assign object/classes to class

Here is a document you can follow

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/70fef212-b6cb-2c10-e085-c84b80d70...

Thank you.

former_member197616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please follow the below path of configuration .

CT04 ---Create a class for your Rel strategy for PR . Normally this step requires when there is no release class for PR in this system

CL02 ---Create the charectarestics for the release  and provide values to the charectarestcs

Assign chars to the class . or add the additional charectarestics created to the existing class .

Create the Release group by coying the existing one with a description for this Release

Create Release codes under this group

Create release strategies for your release group and the charecarestics will get flown with values in F4 . Do no forgrt to  check to release prerequisites/statatusses/classiffication in strategies .

assign values to this at CL20N .

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

check whether your characteristics values are properly assigned and in release state.

regards,

mukesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you can check if there are  any values already fed into your characteristics? If the values are not fed, then you may have to feed the values into the characteristics and also check if proper table and field name is selected.

Regards,

Sagnik.

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please ensure that the same release group is assigned in both the release strategies and the release codes used. Please check and revert back.

Regards,

AKPT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AKPT,

I have checked the release group and it is assigned in both the release strategies and release codes.  I wonder if it has to do with the Classes?  I noticed that the "Assignments"(it is greyed out) in the Administrative Data is not ticked.  When we did our previous release strategy in both PR and PO, this section is ticked.  Pls see figure below (in red box):

Thanks,

Matt

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the all assignments correctly.

Class with characteristics.

Release group with class

Release strategy with Release group

Regards

Dev

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you facing the issue in your Dev system or after transporting to target system? If so, share your SAP release details.

Also, please share the screenshot from the "characteristics" tab in CL02.

Regards,

AKPT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AKPT,

We are experiencing this while doing the config and testing it.  We are using ECC 6.0.

Please see screenshot of CL02 below:

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the difference for you 2 screen shots, I can see it right away that the release strategy number is different.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

Sorry, I attached the screenshot of our second strategy.  Pls see Fig.3, for our first strategy:

Fig.3

The Fig.1 screen shot was taken from our previous screenshot where the release strategy created was successful.  Our problem now is that when we try to setup a new classification for the new release strategy (Fig.2/Fig.3), the "values for class" (boxed in red) is not appearing, so we cannot enter classifications (characteristic description and value - as shown in Fig.1).

Thanks,

Matt

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I still see an inconsistency between Fig 1 and Fig 3. in the description of the strategy. So there must have been a change activity which is not explained here.

I certainly agree that the screen shot in Fig. 3 displays an issue, but to know why this happened we need to know the full story.

I am actually confused if you want to change the classification for Z1 01 strategy, or if this is just an example to show that the same happens when you create classification for a new strategy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

Sorry for the confusion.  We will still use the classification for Z1 01 strategy.  The screenshot that was shown above (Fig. 1 to 3) is just an example to show that the red box part of Fig.1 is not showing when we were creating the classification.  Because of that, we cannot enter the "characteristic description" and "value" as shown in Fig.1, and this may be the reason why our PR release strategy is not working.