Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding fields from KOMK structure to screen painter.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

i have created an Extra tab(like ADDITIONAL DATA B) using BADI, i have added fields from VBAP table, its working fine. But when i add fields from KOMK structure(KOMK-STCEG) only empty field is showing. Do i need to code something in PBO or PAI?

Thanks & Regards,

NarsiReddy Cheruku.

13 REPLIES 13

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check in debug if komk-stceg field has any value. if value is there then it should display.

Regards,

Aswath.

0 Kudos

Hi Aswath,

There is value, any field which i add from KMOK structure is showing empty field.

Just i have added fields to screen painter as i did for VBAP fields. But it is not working.

Thanks & Regards

NarsiReddy

0 Kudos

Hi,

Actually if the field is linked to the structure which is having value in the screen then it should display. Check whether your field is linked to dictionary in layout. i,e whether from dictionary check box is ticked.

Regards,

Aswath.

0 Kudos

please see this...

If i have done any thing wrong, please correct me.

DO i need to code anything for displaying in PBO or PAI?

0 Kudos

Hi,

This method is right but i am asking you to check whether the below check box (from dict) is ticked for this field in layout.

regards,

Aswath.

0 Kudos

hi Aswath,

I have not understood what is "check box (from dict) is ticked for this field in layout."

0 Kudos

Hey you have added the field in additional fields 2 tab right? so open the layout and check the properties of your added field in SE51.

former_member289261
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, you need to add logic to populate the fields in the screen. Your BADI would be having a method for that. Write code in it.

Regards,

Ashish

0 Kudos

hi ashish,

i have not coded for populate the fields in screen before, if possible can you post some sample code.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

NarsiReddy.

0 Kudos

Hello NarsiReddy,

I assume that you have linked the field KOMK-STCEG using "Get from Dictionary" option from your above screenshot.

In PBO section, make sure to write the logic to update the value in the field. The logic which you would build, would be based on your requirement. For instance, you can use BELNR to check and its corresponding STCEG could be found in the structure KOMK.

But if the KOMK structure itself is not filled with any value, then there is some problem with your code. Try to check your BADI and its corresponding structures which would get updated at runtime and use them appropriately.

Thank you.

Regards,

Naresh

0 Kudos

Hello Naresh Devineni,

Thanks for your reply, yes, you are right i have added using get from dictionary option.

What code nedded to write in PBO  module, please give some example code.

Thanks & Regards,

NarsiReddy Cheruku.

0 Kudos

Which BADI are you using ?

0 Kudos

BADI_SLS_ITEM_SCR_CUS