cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QName error while calling a web service from Sourcing

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to call a web service from Sourcing script. The web service team has provided us the WSDL and I have generated the required stubs using wsimport and packaged the required java classes in a custom JAR. Now while calling a web method using this jar from my script, I am getting and exception. The exception message that I printed out was this:

Caught exception e with msg Connection IO Exception. Check nested exception for details. (Connection

IO Exception. Check nested exception for details. (Connection Exception; nested exception is:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: cannot create QName from "null" or "" String).)

The same jar and same code works fine when called from a standalone java program.

I am not using or creating QName anywhere in my script. The only place where QName is used is in the generated java class and there it is created from the correct namespace URL

Can anyone please help me out in figuring out what is the issue?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is the stack trace of the error:

#2.0 #2014 05 08 09:02:30:915#+00#Error#com.sap.engine.services.webservices.espbase.client.bindings.impl.SOAPTransportBinding#

#BC-ESI-WS-JAV-RT#webservices_lib#C000CF8242BA4B800000002100002648#2174850000000005#sap.com/E-Sourcing-Server#com.sap.engine.services.webservices.espbase.client.bindings.impl.SOAPTransportBinding#VAC53324#89##D811EE96D68E11E3C9E0000000212F82#3cf7fe38d68f11e3c963000000212f82#3cf7fe38d68f11e3c963000000212f82#0#Thread[RequestHandler.RqThread: fullsave,5,Dedicated_Application_Thread]#Plain##

Connection IO Exception. Check nested exception for details. (Connection IO Exception. Check nested exception for details. (Connection Exception; nested exception is:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: cannot create QName from "null" or "" String).).

[EXCEPTION]

com.sap.engine.services.webservices.espbase.client.bindings.exceptions.TransportBindingException: Connection IO Exception. Check nested exception for details. (Connection IO Exception. Check nested exception for details. (Connection Exception; nested exception is:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: cannot create QName from "null" or "" String).).

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.espbase.client.bindings.impl.SOAPTransportBinding.writeSOAPRequestMessage(SOAPTransportBinding.java:256)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.espbase.client.bindings.impl.SOAPTransportBinding.call_SOAP(SOAPTransportBinding.java:1318)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.espbase.client.bindings.impl.SOAPTransportBinding.callWOLogging(SOAPTransportBinding.java:991)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.espbase.client.bindings.impl.SOAPTransportBinding.call(SOAPTransportBinding.java:945)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.espbase.client.jaxws.core.WSInvocationHandler.processTransportBindingCall(WSInvocationHandler.java:168)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.espbase.client.jaxws.core.WSInvocationHandler.invokeSEISyncMethod(WSInvocationHandler.java:121)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.espbase.client.jaxws.core.WSInvocationHandler.invokeSEIMethod(WSInvocationHandler.java:84)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.espbase.client.jaxws.core.WSInvocationHandler.invoke(WSInvocationHandler.java:65)

at $Proxy2539.grantOrganizationRoles(Unknown Source)

I tested the same custom JAR, that is deployed in Sourcing, separately using a standalone java program and there it gave back the correct SOAP response

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved this finally by using standard libs and calling webservice directly using SOAPMessage class provided by java, as explained in

Even java code generated using wsdl2java tool of CXF (I used the same CXF jars that were present in sourcing lib folder) did not work

Answers (0)