Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New MDM5.5 Beginner:Enrichment Adapter in Enrichment Architecture

former_member645464
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello Good morning,

Can some one help me out for the followoing Questions

1. Basic Functionality of Enrichment Adapter(other than it returns the enriched data in XML format) in Enrichment Architecture?

2. As mentioned in one Document E.Adapter is provided by ISV(Independent Software Vendor) , Being an XI developer so far can i assume any adapter in place of E.Adapter( On Project Basis).

3. Do we have any relation between Workflow & E.Controller , if soo please try to help me out,how it's going to be work?

Regards,

Narayana.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Mark63
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

In the Master Data Management area on SDN, there is an extra page on data enrichment (https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/webcontent/uuid/60368290-4d9e-2910-1480-bb55167ee3c3 [original link is broken]). On this page, there is (among other things) a eLearning session (webex) dedicated to the Enrichment Architecture/Enrichment Controller.

Best regards,

Markus

former_member645464
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Can you provide me the answer for 2'nd Q?

Thankx Genser for quick response,

Regards,

Narayana.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sree

Here are the steps of execution

1. The records to be processed are added to a workflow, which contains a step that triggers the Enrichment Controller. This trigger step is linked with adapter configuration settings.

2. From the records in the workflow job, the Enrichment Controller creates an XML

structure for the Enrichment Adapter as defined in the configuration settings. After that it calls the configured adapter and waits for the response.

3. The adapter can now interact with the Enrichment Service. This can actually be very different for a particular adapter (local execution, call of other installed software component, web service call to provider, …).

4. After the adapter returned the result, the Enrichment Controller incorporates the changed records into the repository as configured.

5. The execution of the workflow job continues in the next step.

Arvind