Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Macro Experts

I wrote this macro

IF KF2 in period 4

>

Average of KF2 from period 1 to 3,

Action

POP UP a message individually for each period beginning period 4.

ENDIF

That works

but here is what I experience

I need to click on the information message box a dozen times before I can save the value in KF2 for period 4

I need to click on the information message box a dozen times even though the value is only entered in period 4.

What is wrong and how to fix this ?

e.g. in the above case since I ONLY entered a value in period 4, the message box should vanish on one click of check mark. Why do I need to click 10 times ?

Thanks

BS

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi BS, there must be some loop in your macro. You check the steps in your macro first, and make sure the step is looped only once. If you're interested in debugging, you can create a .txt file with below text, and drag it onto the popup dialog box, then you'll enter debugger by confirming the information box, where you can see where the loop comes

---------------------------------------

[FUNCTION]
Command=/H

Title=Debugger
Type=SystemCommand
----------------------------------------

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wow. I pretended to figure out but I can't.

Another learning after a decade that dragging this text file to a dialog box starts debugger. So much hidden knowledge out there. Much un-SAP like thingy. May I ask how did you manage to learn all this? by reading help documentation ? or attending secret "SAP Internal" privileged training classes not available to most ?

My syntax is what I wrote above. I have to click so many remaining number of periods in the future time series even though the condition above is not met for remaining periods. e.g. period 5, 6, 7......but I think I can add the IS_BLANK and ELSE statements too. The semantic check says nothing is wrong with this macro!

Thanks

BS

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi BS, There's actually no 'secret' training in SAP. To be honest, I learned this from internet (a Chinese forum). There're many ABAPers like to share their experience there. I'm sure you can also get something you're interested from the internet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ada 🙂

Yes I think by and large most people seem to learn from internet. Looking back at my SAP guides for which I have to pay money, it now looks like some cheap marketing material of a cheap company. What a waste of time and insult to humanity

Answers (0)