cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card mismatch with Expense Summary

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Need your help in resolving some standard issue. This issue is related to T&E Expense Report. User is creating expense report based on his Credit Card Expenses. But when expense report is generated somehow the Expense summary Page (Adobe Form ) shows different values for Expenses where Currency is other than the Local Currency.This reduces the amount being paid back to Expense Owner.Is this the Standard behaviour? Why the values change when the Exchange Rate is properly maintained for the currencies.

Standard Webdynpro Component Used : FITE_VC_REVIEW View : REVIEW_VIEW

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

0 Kudos

Found a SAP Note to resolve this issue. Thanks everyone for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Good to hear of your issue resolve. Need to mention the issue resolve details like the SAP note number and other details, so it will be useful whoever comes for solution for this type of issues they can use the details. Also put the thread as "Answered".

Regards,

Narayana

0 Kudos

I was asked to check Note 1712292 or Note 1766030 based on the issue i face. Once it works perfectly in our production system i will mark it as Answered.

0 Kudos

Thanks a ot KIM. In which tcode i can see all this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not sure of the tcode, but you can get through it through the config tcode SPRO by the following path: Financial Accounting (New)/Travel Management/Travel Expenses/Master Data/Control Parameters for Travel Expenses/Define Country-specific Rounding Rules for Currencies.

0 Kudos

Thanks a lot KIM. But i dont see Master Data Category in my Project. Does it mean it was not configured at all? 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Master Data is available under everyone's Travel Expense menu item, regardless of if you have configured anything under it or not. Check the path again.

0 Kudos

Sorry. I checked in wrong place. Yes. Master data details are there .But there is no Entry maintained for "Maintenance of Rounding Rules in Countries"

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is another folder under Master Data. Please verify the complete path.

Financial Accounting (New)/Travel Management/Travel Expenses/Master Data/Control Parameters for Travel Expenses/Define Country-specific Rounding Rules for Currencies.

0 Kudos

Yes. I told about that path only. View name was "Maintenance of Rounding Rules in Countries"

0 Kudos

Any other possibiltiy for it to go Wrong?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, you compare wrong entries!

from the dialog it is expense type 004 and 005.

The screen shot from the Adobe form it is no. 006 and no. 007.

Each expense type will get an own technical number starting with 001.

Bet regards,

Sigi

0 Kudos

Hi Siegfriend,

No. I have attached screenshots of 004 and 005 also from Adobe form which is what i am comparing. If you check it again. You can identify it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also check your config settings for Define Coutnry-specific Rounding Rules for currencies. Below is the documenation.

Define Country-specific Rounding Rules for Currencies

In this Customizing activity, you can define rounding rules for individual country groups (for example, the Czech Republic or Slovakia), or groups thereof, for various currencies.

If you reimburse travel expenses in cash in different currencies, your petty cash in such a currency may not always have enough small change. You can use the rounding function for certain currencies, for example, to pay cash only in whole amounts.

The Travel Expense Report in SAP GUI and the Expense Report in the Web Dynpro ABAP-based user interface feature an indicator your employees can select to activate the rounding function for the present expense report. When this indicator is selected in a Travel Expense Report or Expense Report, the system applies the rounding rules defined in this Customizing activity.

The system records the rounding differences as follows:

In the form

In the document table when simulating the settlement

In the document table after the settlement

Slovak Accounting

Slovak accounting uses amounts in euros with four decimal places (currency EUR4) when calculating the following flat rates/per diems:

Mileage:

Flat rates for mileage/kilometers

Fuel consumption per diems

Deductions for meals per diems

The system first computes the total amounts for mileage (or the deductions for meals per diems) in EUR4 and then rounds the amounts to euro amounts with two decimal places. If you define rounding rules for EUR4 for Slovak accounting, the system applies these rules. Otherwise, the system uses arithmetic rounding by default.

You have defined an expense type as a rounding document (in the Amounts are field) for the trip provision variant in which you are using the rounding function; see Create Travel Expense Types for Individual Receipts.

0 Kudos

I have attached screenshots of Credit Card Buffer (Top Half) and Expense Summary Entries ( Bottom Half ). Seems there is a problem with Exchange rate decimel places which rounds off the exchange rate when Expense summary is getting generated. Please check and let me know how to resolve this issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Anand,

Are you using custom expense form or standard?

If your expense form is customized, tell your Abaper to check the currency fields inside where I highlighted in the below screenshot. And also tell Abaper to check the both the currency fields where you are getting different amounts in the form layout as well.

Hope you will get some clue with this.

Regards,

Narayana

0 Kudos

Yes. we will check this. One doubt is. Is it because of Exchange rate getting rounded off somewhere which changes the value a bit?

0 Kudos

Infact the value goes wrong even before Adobe form is being called. When it goes to Review Screen.So not sure where it takes exchange rate differently.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the table view V_TCURR. Here based on the different combination of currencies we will define the exchange rates. Once again check the entries according to your currecy rates.

0 Kudos

The Exchange rate being pulled from TCURR is correct only i guess. But i found is somewhere they are rounding it off again (to 4 digits) to nearest number so it changes a bit and so the dependent values are also changing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Hope you got the solution for your query and share the solution with SCN.  If not, can you provide the screenshots of the mismatch/incorrect amounts which you are getting. So I can look over into that.

Regards,

Narayana

0 Kudos

Issue is still there. I will try to share the screenshots soon.

0 Kudos

Can anyone help with this issue? Is this standard way of working?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you provide some screenshots of the expense entry and the summary sheet?