cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reverse proxy for Afaria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Currently we using relay server in DMZ layer for afaria, we would like to move it to physical reverse proxy in the intranet. Can you help us what are all the physical reverse proxy available in market which will support load balancer and afaria. What are the revers proxy approved by afaria.

Thanks,

Boopalan M

Tags edited by: Michael Appleby

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've used both TMG (formerly ISA), UAG (formerly TMG :-)) and Afaria Relay Servers as reverse proxies for Afaria traffic.

BR

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the Info Peter,

Can you please share some docs or guide for the UAG reverse proxy Architecture.

and what will be the impact on existing environment ?

Thanks,

Boopalan M

Former Member
0 Kudos

There's a published document on Frontline (http://frontline.sybase.com/support/fileDownload.aspx?ID=1847) regarding how to set op on ISA Server 2004 but the settings also works well on TMG. UAG works like TMG under the hood so I actually switched to "TMG Mode" to set up the Afaria connections.

BR

Peter

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

brenton_ocallaghan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Boopalan,

I've used a number of reverse proxies in front of Afaria - by far the best I have used is actually a standard Apache reverse proxy. Any linux/unix installation with apache installed can be configured to act a authenticated/unauthenticated proxy in front of your installation. In my case I usually go for a CentOS 6 installation with a HTTPD installation.

Be aware, switching from a relay server to a reverse proxy is quite a change and will impact your existing users.

My advice is to setup a temporary mirror enviornment, try it out, get it working correctly (SSL, authentication and everything in between) and then get a plan together to make your migration.

Hope that helps and shout if you need any more information.

Brenton.