cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apply Patchs MSSQL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I need to install an addon in a system with MSSQL 2012.In note 1676665 -Setting up Microsoft SQL Server 2012, explains that:

Be aware of the following:

a) Do not apply the SPAM update manually. The SPAM update is part of the stack that will be  used by the SUM Tool.> Done.

b) Use the SUM tool to apply the required support package stack. The tool has specific fixes and workarounds that are needed for the support package application on SQL Server 2012. >Done.

After that Could I install the addon directly via tcode Saint or I must to do it with SUM?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ruben

Yes you can use either one, better you can use the SUM tool

BR

SS

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The addon is ST-A/PI for netweaver 7.31 SP10, and this addon has two patches.

Then is correctly If I install the addon from saint in one system with MSSQL 2012?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you can definitely install ST-A/PI from SAINT.  I would still apply the latest SPAM/SAINT update first, but you don't need to use SUM.

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Whether or not you must use SUM or can use SAINT to install an add-on depends mostly upon the add-on and, possibly, the support pack levels involved.  Which add-on is it?  What is the NetWeaver release of your system?  What support pack stack level are you currently at?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not quite sure why you are quoting the stack documentation when you say you want to install a new add-on.

If you have to apply a newer support package stack before installing the add-on, then, yes, I would let SUM do the SPAM/SAINT update as well.

If you don't need to apply a newer SPS, then you can import the SPAM/SAINT update without SUM.

Either way you can install a new add-on via SAINT and should make sure to have the latest SPAM/SAINT update installed.