cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return and Selling/Replacement of Material Sub Components process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

The following Business process need to be mapped.

We Sold a Finished Product (Say X) to a Customer. That Finished Product X have say 5 different sub-components (1, 2 , 3, 4 & 5).

Sub-component 1 is got defected and customer want to return back to us and the customer is also ready to buy a new Sub-component 1 from us.

Sub Component 2 is interdependent of sub-component 1 and is fitted in to sub component 1.

Now Customer says, he will also return sub-component 2 along with sub-component 1.

He also ask us to fit the sub-component 2 in sub-component 1.

Now how do we map this process.

Both sub-components 1 & 2 can be taken back to us through sales return process.

Since customer is placing a new purchase order for sub-component 1, this can be carried out in a new sales order.

How do we send back the sub-component 2, since customer is asking us to fit it in sub-component 2.

We can not create a different free of charge sales order for sub-component 2.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the original sales happens with BOM exploded, then, there is a possibility of taking selected components.  Else, it is not possible to achieve this requirement.  Of course, if you have Customer Service implemented, then in that case also, it is possible.

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

While selling, hope you have created BOM which includes 1 and 2 sub components in which sub component 1 is Header and sub component 2 is child in BOM

If that is the case, while take the return you can take whole BOM with reference to Original sales order ( using RE document type as per standard)

as per your question, customer wants to replace sub-component 1 and use sub component 2

so while creating the new sales order you can replace sub -component 1 and use existing sub component 2 within the BOM

i suggest you to use serial number for all the components so that i would be easier to track which part is replaced and which is reused

whether you want to use free of charge delivery or standard order with price depends on your business process.

If your subcomponent is under warranty you can create free of charge delivery, else you can create standard order and enable pricing for only sub component 1

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How do we send back the sub-component 2, since customer is asking us to fit it in sub-component 2.

We can not create a different free of charge sales order for sub-component 2.

This is confusing me. When you sold finished material prices of sub com. 1 and 2 were added in that finished product right? Now customer is returning you 1 and 2 both and you are retuning those with return order. What would you do with return billing/credit note for returns? Will you be issuing credit note for both components? I want to understand your self proposed solution first so please elaborate a little more.

Thank$