cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compatibility with J2EE Engine 6.20 and 6.40

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to write a j2ee web application compatible J2EE Engine 6.20 and 6.40. Is it possible?

Best regards,

Altug Bayram

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

viliana
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, it is possible, but note that J2EE Engine 6.20 is J2EE 1.2 compatible and J2EE Engine 6.40 is J2EE 1.3 compatible and therefore your application must be J2EE 1.2 compatible. If you are strict to the J2EE standards, you should be able to run your application on both 6.20 and 6.40 without modifications. However, you might need to adjust your application's deployment descriptors to deploy and run the same application both on 6.20 and 6.40. In 6.40 there is a Converter tool that automatically converts applications developed and deployed on J2EE Engine 6.20 into applications that can be deployed and run on 6.40, so hopefully you will not need to make the additional changes manually. For more information, see the <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/c6/86e339b8e9d741898222905d249709/frameset.htm">Migration Manual</a>. It describes how to migrate an application from 6.20 to 6.40. You should be able to find all the necessary information there.

Best regards,

Viliana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I understand J2EE compatibilty. I'm using Netwevaer Developer Studio. I want to develop J2EE 1.2 compatible application. Is it possible ?

Best regards,

Altug Bayram

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Altug,

No, currently Netweaver DS produces only J2EE 1.3 compatible applications, i.e. finally you may have more than J2EE 1.2 functionality in your app and it might not run on J2EE Engine 6.20. Sorry to disappoint you!

Best regards,

Vladimir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vladimir,

Are you advise an IDE to me for SAP J2EE 6.20 compatible application.

Best regards,

Altug Bayram

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Altug,

Unfortunately SAP hasn't released a Java IDE with Web AS 6.20. And I guess all currently available IDEs support J2EE 1.3 or even 1.4. But hopefully there are some which can be told to produce a J2EE 1.2 compatible application. Maybe I'm wrong here but I have some recollections that it was feasible with the earlier versions of JBuilder. Please tell me if you are successful with that.

Best regards,

Vladimir

viliana
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

The recommended tool for development on J2EE Engine 6.20 was JBuilder 5.0. In the documentation you can find a couple of development tutorials and also a section how to configure a JBuilder plug-in to deploy and debug your applications on the J2EE Engine 6.20. For more information, see the tutorials and the Development manual, which you can find in the /docs directory in your 6.20 installation.

Best regards,

Viliana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you try it before ?

Best regards,

Altug Bayram

viliana
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Only testing the tutorials, not real development.

Best regards,

Viliana

Answers (0)