cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal 7.3: When user logoff close all pop-up windows

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

We are implementing portal 7.3 and have a business requirement to close all portal pop-up windows when a user log off from portal.

Users can open portal applications which will open in pop-up windows. When they log off from portal, those applications in pop-up windows should also be closed. Is there anyway we can force the pop-up window to close along with portal log off action?

I know each browser window is independent and may not be controlled from triggering event in another window to force close. Let me know if there is any way we can achieve this.

Appreciate your response.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

nol_hendrikx
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The only popup you can close are the ones you have opened from the portal itself with a name. Otherwise there is no reference to other popups.

Why would you like to close the popups? Any particular reason?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you can control that. I did it once- close the child element of the browser window (parent) just after clicking the logoff button and before actually calling the logoff function. You can find the functionality in masthead where you would need to add some piece of code.

Regards,

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

What is the Code to put in, Is it in HeaderIview.jsp ?

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Yes the code shall reside in this jsp. I do not remember the exact code (and also I am a bit too lazy to work out the complete thing again) but I can definitely help you with pointing in the right direction.

First check how the child window/page is opening. I mean check the code behind the child window and change the same if it is not already using the javascript window.open.

Now when you get the window id, you can handle window.close for that

Regards,

Atul