Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question regarding HCP support to IDP

sun_deng
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi, colleagues. I got some question regarding HCP support to IDP,

As I can see in HCP, the Trust Management is a setting under account rather than application level. Is this mean that every
application must shall the same IDP setting?Is it possible for HCP to support different app with different IDP setting?

Also, for the Trust Management, even I can add multiple Identity Provider , but I can only choose one as default. Is this means even in
the account level, there is only one IDP could be active? If it is possible for us to make multi IDP work simultaneously?

Anyone who has any idea,  please kindly help to clarify, thanks!

Sun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MartinRaepple
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sun,

we currently don't support application-specific Identity Provider (IDP) settings in SAP HANA Cloud Platform. The IDP(s) you configure in the Trust Management of the Cloud Cockpit are trusted by all applications and subscriptions in your account.

If you add more than one IDP, you have to choose one as the default IDP. This means that any application configured for FORM-based login will redirect the user to this IDP marked as the default one. However, if you want to use another IDP in the list different from the default one, you can do so by requesting your application with a special request parameter saml2idp with the value of the desired IDP name. For example:

https://<app name>.hana.ondemand.com/index.jsp?saml2idp=<idp name>

Martin

sun_deng
Explorer
0 Kudos

thanks Martin!

Answers (0)