cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waste management - SD process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all.

Reading SAP documentations about the "Waste Management" EHS module, and also checking documents from companies which have already implemented it, I don't see many explanations about how it's done the "Delivery" and "Transport" of the waste.

I see that SAP describes the logistic part until the Clear (Post goods issue), then it stops and starts again only in the Payment of the waste.

However, I've never seen how they propose a scenario using "Outbound Delivery" and "Transportation" (SD processes) for wastes.

It seems that they ignore these parts...

The company I work for wants to implement this module, however, would be essential to have a complete flow for the waste process, I mean:

• Entry the waste into the stock
  • Purchase order
  • Delivery outbound (using the purchase order) (*)
  • Clear (Post goods issue) from stock.
  • Shipment  (*)
  • Freight/Shipment cost  (*)

When the waste is totally processed and we receive the billilng:

• Payment of the bill

(*) Our necessity is to be able to tracking the whole waste process, including the Delivery, Transport and Freight parts.

Does anyone know how/what other companies, that implemented the "Waste Management", did to tracking this part?

Which process did they use?

Or did they decide not to use SAP for that?

Thank you,

Diana

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Diana

what do you look for if you refer to "However, I've never seen how they propose a scenario using "Outbound Delivery" and "Transportation" (SD processes) for wastes."?

On high level some regulatory regulation can be linked to the topic of Waste.

1.) you could ask your self if or if not you need to prepare a safety data sheet for a "waste" material?

2.) in most cases you need to have EHS Dangerous Goods data available and you print documents with EHS DG data and you use DG checks in SD process

3.) you might ask; is waste something which need to be considered in context of EHS SVT?

4) you might ask: is waste something there you woulkd like to use EHS-HSM module?

5.) you might ask: is a waste material to be considered in EHS-IH process?

But coming back to the "waste" part in SAP SD process; here three of the mentioned scenarios are of interest; especially one is to my knowlegde a "regulatory must": the EHS DG process

May  be SAP is assuming that you know about this "regulation" fact and therefore is assuming that you just use EHS DG process as part of the SAP SD process.

Regarding your "demand" list:

• Entry the waste into the stock => if you use an own material type (best practise)  this is part of SAP ERP standard process and not EHS related
  • Purchase order  => if you use an own material type  (best practise) this is part of SAP ERP standard process and not EHS related
  • Delivery outbound (using the purchase order) (*)  => if you use an own material type  (best practise) this is part of SAP ERP standard process and not EHS related
  • Clear (Post goods issue) from stock. =>i f you use an own material type  (best practise) this is part of SAP ERP standard process and not EHS related
  • Shipment  (*)  => if you use an own material type  (best practise) this is part of SAP ERP standard process and not EHS related
  • Freight/Shipment cost  (*) =>if you use an own material type  (best practise) this is part of SAP ERP standard process and not EHS related

Payment of the bill => if you use an own material type  (best practise) this is part of SAP ERP standard process and not EHS related

So most of the "Waste" process is outside of EHS but inside the SAP ERP standard processes as part of MM and SD module (and may be TM).

To answer therefore your question:

Which process did they use?

Answer: in most cases standard ERP scenarios as mentioned above are used; only because of legal requirements you need in our day additional on top solutions (e.g. Elektronisches Abfallnachweisverfahren – Wikipedia (sorry I found only the german link;) as there is the need to do electronic communication with authorities

Be aware of the fact there is an additional "add on" solution delivered by SAP: SAP WASTE & RECYCLING

Hope this helps as a starting point

C.B.

PS: may be check: Disposal Processing (EHS-WA-PRO) - Waste Management (EHS-WA) - SAP Library

and subnsequnet chapters