Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solman SMIN Incident: Information for SAP

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

We are using SMIN (actually ZMIN in customer namespace) in Solution Manager 7.1

I have created a test incident for SAP just to ensure it's working, which it is.

However, I have logged into the SAP Support Portal to just check the OSS Incident and how it compares to the information I put in Solman.

Short Text and Description both come across ok.

However, the "Information for SAP" field in Solution Manager (which I thought was the field that WOULD come across) does NOT show in SAP Support Portal.

So just confirming, should "Information for SAP" come across into the OSS incident?? If so, why isn't it appearing for me?

Also, is there any way to add "Steps for Reconstruction" in Solman? This area is also blank in SAP Support Portal.

Thanks very much!!!!!!!

Shaun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Actually ignore most of the above. I was too fast accessing the SAP Support Portal. I just refreshed it and the information appears

However, my last question still stands - is there a way to add "Steps for Reconstruction" in Solman?

Thanks!!

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Oh, and one more question!

When SAP reply, I'm assuming Solman will update to Customer Action or Proposed Solution?

Is this correct? Or can Solman only update to one of the above statuses?

i.e. If SAP ask a question, will the status update to Customer Action in Solman?

If SAP provide resolution, will the status update to Proposed Solution in Solman?

Cheers

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shaun,

In table where we can maintain this mapping of our Incident status mapping with SAP status mapping

Go to transaction SM30

Now enter AIC_MAP_USR_STAT in the field Table/View and maintain as per your requirement

hope this resolves

Regards

Prakhar

VJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shaun,

When SAP replies, the status at SAP side changes to "Customer ACtion" / "Proposed Solution" whatever set by SAP.

When SAP provide Solution and set status to "Proposed Solution" their side then it will set at their side.

In SOLMAN System, you can see status at SAP side. But at user level in SOLMAN system status will be "In Process".

Thanks

Vikram

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Prakhar! That was most helpful.

I have executed RNOTIFUPDATE01 and I have noticed that my incident in Solman (ZMIN) is not updating. It still has status of "Sent to SAP" and the SAP incident is still showing as "In Processing with SAP".

However when I logon to SAP Support Portal, on the SAP side the status is "Customer Action".

I had  a look at the job log for RNOTIFUPDATE01 and it said:

"At least one error occurred when communicating with SAP". So then I had a look at the spool and there is many, many lines saying:

"For object DNO_NOTIF, number range interval 03 does not exist DNO_NOTIF".

I then went into DNO_NOTIF transaction and there is no number ranges at all.

Here is a screenshot of Maintain Number Range Intervals in DNO_NOTIF:

Here is a screenshot of Number Range Groups in DNO_NOTIF:

Are the above Groups correct? Shouldn't ZMIN appear in there somewhere?

Also, why can I not add a new number range in Maintain mode?

Is this the reason why RNOTIFUPDATE01 is not working? How do I resolve this so my ZMIN can update?

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shaun

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also, here is the errors mentioned above

This only occurs if I select "Create new notifications" in RNOTIFUPDATE. We actually don't really need this as we only want to view incidents that were created in Solman, so I unticked this and ran it again. This time the above errors didn't appear. However in BOTH instances, I found this in the log:

The first row highlighted is the incident I created in Solman. Not sure what this error means?? It's still showing as "Sent to SAP" (status) and "In Processing by SAP" in Solman but on SAP side it's "Customer Action"

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Shaun

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry for multiple posts.

Just wanted to say that when I used "Update from SAP" button directy in Solman (CRM Web UI) it works! Status is now "In Process" and incident updated to "Customer Action" in Solman.

I thought this button simply ran RNOTIFUPDATE01?  Why is the button working but running the program directly does not?

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Anyone? 

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shaun,

sorry for delay as I am travelling.

I was looking in your screenshots and it seems to sync issue.

Can you check if the job is scheduled and running ...basically all the standard jobs get scheduled via Solman_setup - Basic configuration

REFRESH MESSAGE STATUS

This periodic job gets SAP answers to messages sent by the SAP Solution Manager.

ABAP program: AI_CRM_IM_UPDATE_FROM_SAP

Start time: Immediate execution.

Execution interval: Twice a day.

Source- SAP Incident Managment config guide

Check the log and if not schedule, do it.

hope this helps

Thanks

Prakhar

Answers (0)