cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document Search - ship to address search help

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

We are extended classic scenario (7.01 SP 10).

When we go to Document Search - for Purchase Orders and we pick Ship To Address - it provides us with a list of all the ship to addresses - instead of allowing us to enter some selection criteria.    When I click on Product Category it allows us to enter search criteria as you can see from the print screen below.   For Ship To Address - it provides the list of all plants instead of a pop-up box to narrow down the search.   How do we get a search help for the Ship To Address?

Thanks

Sandra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Laurent,

I believe the real issue is not that we relabeled the field but the actual search help that is attached to that field.   The search help for that field is BBP_BUPA_BUYING_COMPANY which is SAP standard and has a dialog type of "display values immediately".    I assume that is why the list of plants is showing up without allowing the users to enter search criteria.    So now I will need to get with a developer to  determine the best way to change the search help for a field.  

Thanks again for your help.

Sandra

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sandra,

for the search-help, use category 2 described in below blog:

Web UI modifications in SRM7

With it, you do not need to enhance the WDC.

Regards.

Laurent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Laurent,

Got it.  It appears that we have changed the label from Company to Ship To.   Somewhere we have done something to make this return the Ship to values instead of Company.   Guess that is why the search help doesn't work.   Here is a print screen from that field

Thanks for your help. 

Sandra

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sandra,

i advise you to enhance the WDC in order to create a customer field in the layout.

Then, bind this field to the context with an other CUF.

This last CUF will be added by structure append to /SAPSRM/INCL_EEW_CSS_SEARCH_FD.

You will have also to manage this CUF in order to be used for PO research.

Regards.

Laurent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Laurent,

I am not sure where you are looking but the WD component you are showing is different than the one I am using.  This is what I have /SAPSRM/WDC_UI_DS_CA.   Here is a print screen

Sandra

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you put your cursor onto one field from the search-criteria for PO, you will get WDC i mentioned.

Regards.

Laurent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Laurent,

I am at the Document Search screen, not in the PO or the Shopping Cart.  I think perhaps portal config controls this but I don't know portal config and therefore don't know how to test it out.   I will try to debug this and see what I can find.

Thanks

Sandra

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sandra,

OK, i understand now.

What is you SRM release? Because, in my system, for V_PO_SYSTEM_DTLS view (/SAPSRM/WDC_UI_DS_SO_PO WDC), there is no "Ship-To Address" field under "Deliver Date To" field in the layout.

Existing field is "Company". See below screen-shot from view context tab:

Don't you have any enhancement?

In standard, "Location" field exists, but with input help mode deactivated...

Regards.

Laurent.

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sandra,

i do not understand your issue.

In SRM standard, for SC or PO, search-help is available to look for delivery address

Shopping Cart:

Purchase Order:

You can find which search-help is used in the Web Dynpro Component context.

It is BBP_BUPA_CLL_PARTNER for PO and BBP_ADDR_BUPA_SHIPTO for SC.

Regards.

Laurent.