Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stat. del. dte. past than the document dte of PO

coolio_7
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I have referred many discussions on this but not a constructive solution.

We have a situations where the statistical delivery date in the purchase order is past than the Document data as well as the delivery date of PO- see attached.  ?

one recommendation was to convert the available warning message (ME 589) to error but that could jeopardize the process of AUTO PO as it will fail all of the PO's  that has PR dates in the past.

in our case mostly the stat del dte is going exactly a year back to the delivery date in the PO (no history of such item change in PO) and that is making it difficult for vendor evaluation.

please advise.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what is the delivery date  in the purchase requisition?

SAP does not write change documents in case the date was changed/entered when the PO was created.

Since the field works like this:

if delivery date is changed prior to output of PO then the statistical delivery date is automatically adjusted to  equal the delivery date.

if the delivery date is changed after the output of a PO message, the statistical delivery date does not change automatically, and it is the user who has to care actively, evaluating which is the correct delivery date for vendor evaluation. e.g. change of delivery date wanted by you, then change the statistical delivery date too. Change of delivery date because the vendor cannot meet your desired date, keep the statistical delivery date with the old date and the vendor will get a bad evaluation.

coolio_7
Participant
0 Kudos

thanks for picking this up, Jurgen. I did saw your earlier replies on forums for stat. del. dte.

FYI, the DD on PR is dec'13 which is still later than the SDD 2012 in this PO (we have bunch of such PO's).

I agree SDD cannot be changed once the PO outputs to supplier. In my case neither of the dates in PR and PO goes back to 2012 (exactly a year old). this is mostly the case in all of my PO's and it's happening in 2 production systems.

what do you suggest that we could present to business ?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

do some tests in your QA system.

create a PR like yours, create a PO from it without changing anything, then check DD and SDD.

create a PR, create PO and change the SDD to a last years date while creating, Save and check change history, DD and SDD

create a PR, create a PO, do not print, change the DD, save, check DD and SDD.

create a PR, create PO, print, change DD, save and check DD and SDD.

After these tests you know how your SAP works,

you know  if the dates are like you entered them or if they somehow look different and manipulated (e.g. via user exit)

and you know if this case would be caused by SAP or more likely by a user error.

coolio_7
Participant
0 Kudos

i suspected user error but user confirm they never did that. otherwise also no - item change history exists for that.

=> i created PR-> PO and DD and SDD is per the planned del time - OK.

=> PR-> PO and i changed the DD a year earlier- system prompt message for DD (delv dte cannot be in past), however it took the SDD a year earlier (past dte)- no history on PO.

In a nutshell all of such PO's seems to have manually created w.r.t PR and not AUTO PO's so user error may be the case but due to no change history it's hard to establish that.

thanks in advance for your advise.