Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OSS Notes regarding ATP functionality

former_member431487
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am having a issue in ATP functionality. I have configured availability check to consider all open orders and deliveries to give confirmed quantity but due to some reason system is considering only open deliveries and not open orders. I tried searching for any OSS Notes regarding this issue but could not find any. If anybody is aware of the solution or notes for this particular issue then please share.

Regards,

Karan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

dear

Open order means """the order which is confirmed--yet to go for delivery.""

So what exactly you want by adding this open order Qty???

Phanikumar

former_member431487
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Phanikumar,

Suppose I create 5 orders each of 10 qty and my stock is 100 qty. My requirement is that when I create 6th order for 60 qty then system should tell that confirmed qty is 50 only. Currently this is not happening. System is not checking order qty. Only when I create delivery system is checking delivery qty to give the confirmed qty. I tried different things in config but still not able to resolve this issue.

Regards,

Karan

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you should be very specific on your requirement.

What was the Checking group for this material in MMR???(Pl keep 02-Individual req)

have you tried by keeping default settings as blank for your sales area in OVZJ.

Phanikumar

former_member431487
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Phanikumar,

We have created a new Checking group and that has been maintained in MMR. I already tried keeping default settings as blank in OVZJ but still I got same issue.

I hope I have explained the issue clearly.

Regards,

Karan

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then for this Checking group --what was the requirement configurations done in OVZ2.

is it same like 02 ??(what is sales reqs/delivery reqs??)

Let me know the update.

Phanikumar

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It would be difficult to guide you. instead you provide screenshot for OVZ9. I believe that is already been asked to you by others in this post.

In addition to that did you check "Availability Overview" in CO09 for your material in respective.

Further, how you think OSS note will help you? Is this due to bug in your system? Is any enhancement done in recent past to control availability check?

In either of the situation, it would better if you take help of ABAPer in your team and debug the transaction. Else, CO09 should help you in understanding/analyzing your availability situation..

Thanks, JP

former_member431487
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Phanikumar,

Config for new Checking Group is same as 02 in OVZ2. Sales Req and Delivery Req both are A for new Checking Group (same as 02).

Regards,

Karan

former_member431487
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi JP,

I did check CO09. It is showing only deliery quantities (not open order quantities).

I asked about OSS notes just to check if any solution is present for this issue. We have not done any enhancement earlier to control availability check.

Since I do not have access to SAP right now so I cannot provide screenshots. I will try to provide later.

Regards,

Karan

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member223981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you sure you have configured the correct checking rule?

For example, checking rule "A" is used for sales orders; checking rule "B" is used for deliveried. Checking rule maintained in OPJK is used for PP orders.

So ensure that you have configured the correct checking rule.

If this doesnt help, then it would be useful if you could attach screenshots illustrating the issue.

former_member431487
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Noel,

I tried with both the checking rules A and B. While I create a sales order system is only considering open deliveries for that particular material while giving confirmed qty. System is not considering open orders in ATP qty.

I know standard SAP allow to consider both open orders and deliveries in ATP check. I tried various changes in customising but somehow I am not able to get the system to consider open orders. Any help would be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Karan

former_member223981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> MM03: MRP 3 tab ----> Get the checking group of the material

> OVZ9: Checking Group of the material / A: Ensure that "Include Sales Requirements" is ticked.

^^If that is already done, I can only assume that a different checking rule is being used at runtime:

> Set breakpoint at function module availability_check_controller. Check the value of field PRREG in the P_ATPCSX internal table. This is the checking rule that the system is actually using.

former_member431487
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Noel,

Thanks for the quick response.

I have already maintained MM03 and OVZ9 settings as suggested by you but still am getting this problem.

I have not yet had a chance to get the code checked by a technical person but I have one question here. In standard SAP why will there be any separate checking rule that system is considering at runtime instead of what we are maintaining in config.

Regards,

Karan

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Karan,

You can always check what was the checking rule has been taken (item wise)--By going to VA02>>>Enter the sales Doc number>>select the Line item>>Go to Environment in menu bar>>>Availability.

Here you can see the Checking rule also-- by going to ""Spects Icon"".

Hope this helps.

Phanikumar

former_member223981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There should not be a different checking rule at runtime in the standard system. However, it is possible that you have a user exit changing it. I have seen user exits change the checking rule in the past and the availability check does not provide the result you expect.

You should check the value of field PRREG of internal table P_ATPCSX at the "CALL FUNCTION 'AVAILABILITY_CHECK'" line in function AVAILABILITY_CHECK_CONTROLLER. There are no more user exit points after this and the checking rule used here should be the one used to execute the ATP check.

Another alternative is that you are using some special stock scenario and you should be looking at checking rule AE / AW etc. instead of "A". As per Phanikumar V response, check that the checking rule being used in actually "A" and not "AE".

If the checking rule "A" is being used, and you have selected "Include Sales requirements", then check the following:

i) Are you changing the result of the ATP check via user exit EXIT_SAPLATPC_002?

ii) Does a requirement actually exist for this sales order? I.e Does this sales order have an entry in table VBBE (if you do not have access to SE16, you can check if the sales order appears in MD04).

former_member431487
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Phanikumar,

In sales order chcking rule is coming as A only which is correct. But still system is not considering open order quantities.

Regards,

Karan

former_member431487
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Noel,

I checked the value of field PRREG. It is A only so system is not changing checking rule at runtime. I have selected "Include Sales requirements". But still I am getting same issue.

In VBBE I cannot see entry for the sales order.

After checking the code I think I am missing something in config which is causing this issue but I am not able to figure out what it is.

Regards,

Karan

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
But still system is not considering open order quantities.

Please explain with an example how you want the system to function.  Also, share the screen shot from OVZ9.

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member223981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok, I do not think any ATP config could be causing this issue.

It may be requirements config. We need to establish that a requirement is actually being created for the sales order. If no requirement is being created, then it will not appear in CO09. So check this:

i) OVZ2: Checking Group (The one that you have assigned to material master); What do you have under "Total Sales"? If it is "A", check if a requirement exists for the sales order in table VBBE. If it is "B", "C" or "D", then check if the requirement is in table VBBS.

The availability check reads sales orders requirements from either table VBBE or VBBS (nowehere else). So it must exist in one of these tables to be considered by ATP check.

If there is no relevant entry in VBBE or VBBS, then note 1992885 may point you in the right direction.