cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BW Visual Admin Unable to Launch

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I installed a SAP BW 7.0 sandbox system, the data is copied from production system. The installation and DB restore phase is successful. However, I found an error when I want to start SAP visual admin. Here is the log that can be found on /usr/sap/SID/DVEBMGS<Sys_No>/j2ee/admin/log/console_logs/error.log

# log generation timestamp : 2014_05_05_at_22_00_09

5/5/14 10:00 PM com.sap.engine.tools.launcher.Launcher Error : unable to invoke main class  com.sap.engine.services.adminadapter.gui.AdminFrameView

com.sap.engine.tools.launcher.LauncherException

at com.sap.engine.tools.launcher.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:340)

at com.sap.engine.tools.launcher.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:114)

-------- caused by --------

java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)

at com.sap.engine.tools.launcher.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:336)

at com.sap.engine.tools.launcher.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:114)

Caused by: java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: org/GNOME/Accessibility/JavaBridge (Unsupported major.minor version 49.0)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass0(Native Method)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:539)

at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:123)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:251)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:55)

at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:194)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:187)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:289)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:282)

at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:274)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:235)

at java.awt.Toolkit.loadAssistiveTechnologies(Toolkit.java:684)

at java.awt.Toolkit.getDefaultToolkit(Toolkit.java:774)

at java.awt.Window.getToolkit(Window.java:688)

at java.awt.Window.init(Window.java:246)

at java.awt.Window.<init>(Window.java:275)

at java.awt.Frame.<init>(Frame.java:401)

at java.awt.Frame.<init>(Frame.java:366)

at javax.swing.SwingUtilities$1.<init>(SwingUtilities.java:1641)

at javax.swing.SwingUtilities.getSharedOwnerFrame(SwingUtilities.java:1637)

at javax.swing.JWindow.<init>(JWindow.java:160)

at javax.swing.JWindow.<init>(JWindow.java:112)

at com.sap.engine.services.adminadapter.gui.AboutWindow.<init>(AboutWindow.java:12)

at com.sap.engine.services.adminadapter.gui.AdminFrameView.main(AdminFrameView.java:234)

... 6 more

I found on the internet that these error is because Java that compiles on Java 5 is running on Java 4. Java version that running on the system is 1.4.2_18. Java version on production system is 1.4.2_18. Then I upgrade java on sandbox system to 1.5.0_61 and change all <sid>adm profile that related to java for pointing to the latest Java version. Now I tried to launch to Visual Admin and it is able to launch.

My question is why the java have to be upgraded to 1.5 even the database is copied from production system that has Java 1.4?

Thanks,

Kris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

cathal_ohare
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your SAP BW 7.0 system is not compatible with the 1.5 jdk, it only supports jvm from the 1.4.2 family (sapjvm4 is the recommended one).

You could reinstall the visual adminsitrator which would regenerate the class files with a 1.4.2 jdk, you can do this just by patching the CORETOOLS component.

Cheers,

Cathal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cathal,

I'm facing same issue. How to check CORETOOLS version, this is my first experience in SAP BW, Kindly aid me

Thanks

Edy

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Edy,

Navigate to your J2EE server's System Info page via http(s)://<server>:<port>/monitoring/SystemInfo.  Note that this path is case-sensitive, so you must capitalize the S and I in SystemInfo.  This will bring you to an overview page.  Near the top you will see a section titled Software Components, with the SAP-JEECOR and SAP-JEE versions listed.  Just to the right is a link for all components.  Click that.  (Note that you can navigate directly to this next page with the URL //<server>:<port>/monitoring/ComponentInfo).

Now you will see a full list of all the components with their versions.  CORE-TOOLS should be just a little way down the list.  It will give you the major release and support pack version, and then in parentheses you can determine the hotfix or minor patch level.  For instance, you might see 7.01 SP13 (1000.7.01.13.1.20130226064239).  This indicates NetWeaver release 7.01, Support Pack 13, Patch Level 1.

Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

Thank You for your valuable response.

I already checked the CORE-TOOLS version between our Production system and sandbox system, the version exactly match (7.00 SP14 (1000.7.00.14.0.20071210170909).

Just curious here, why on Production the visual admin can be executed by Java 1.4, but on sandbox system the visual admin can't executed by Java 1.4 (error: Caused by: java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: org/GNOME/Accessibility/JavaBridge (Unsupported major.minor version 49.0)

Please share your though or experience

Thank You

Edy

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Edy,

As Cathal suggested, the thing to try here is to reinstall CORE-TOOLS.  Probably the easiest way to do this is to apply a patch.  SP14 for NW7.00 is very old, you should consider updating to the latest support package anyway, but if you don't want to do that just yet, another thing to try is just updating to a newer patch level (or hotfix) of CORE-TOOLS itself within SP14.  If you look in the Software Download Center in Service Marketplace, they still offer Patch 2 for SP14 of CORE-TOOLS 7.00.  Download that and install it with JSPM in your sandbox.  That will hopefully fix the Visual Administrator problem, and at the same time you can test to make sure it works with everything else.  If it does, apply that patch throughout your BW Java landscape to keep the systems consistent and in sync.

Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, but unlike an ABAP system you can't copy a J2EE system via database restore.  There is too much of the system's identity intermingled between the file system and the database.  You have to use the unload and reload via SWPM (sapinst) to do this.  

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, actually you can, but it's sort of a hybrid.  You can still use the database restore, but you must additionally do an export/import (via SWPM) of the J2EE system.  This is still faster than doing an export/import of the full system, however.

As for the JVM version question, I'm not too sure about that.  Is this the SAP JVM?

Regards,

Matt