cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fiori Apps that work with SAP HANA exclusively?

0 Kudos

Hello,

Is there a list of which Fiori Apps work exclusively with HANA and which ones don't require HANA? I'll need it, if it doesn't exist, I'd like to make it, but can't find an answer to that question.

Thanks,

Tags edited by: Michael Appleby

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
0 Kudos

That was the first place I was thinking of, but even if I go further in, I'm not seeing where the Fiori app is defined in terms of "HANA required" or or HANA not required"

Are you seeing this somewhere I am not?

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You might have to click on each application to see technical requirements.

For example I clicked on App 'Role Analytics'

http://help.sap.com/fiori_bs2013/helpdata/en/cf/f1e952de08287ee10000000a44176d/content.htm

It clearly says that HANA is a requirement.

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Other hint to look in the catalog is

'Type of App' is 'Analytical app'

0 Kudos

Perfect, the pair that I clicked through to that page randomly didn't have HANA as a requirement so they didn't say anything. Thank you for your response.

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just wanted to add another link.

SAP Fiori App Types and Database Requirements - SAP Fiori for SAP SRM 1.0 - SAP Library

Here SAP clearly say that both 'Analytical Apps' and 'Fact Sheets' require HANA. So that saves time in going through each app's technical requirements.

liz_cawley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Krishna is right...a general rule of thumb is to understand that factsheets, analytical apps and smart business apps all must run on a hana database, no exceptions. Transactional apps can run on any database including hana. Remembering this rule saves a lot of time and searching.

In addition, all the apps in the help detail the implementation information which is very helpful. Simply find the app you need in the catalog, select it and you'll notice a link on the left hand side that says 'app implementation'.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Links below might help you to create a list, it gives information on types of apps and its support to HANA.

Application Types - SAP Fiori for SAP ERP 1.0 - SAP Library

Midhun VP