cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vendor replication issue

vipra
Participant
0 Kudos

In the customer system there is a vendor-1 replicated to SRM which is now blocked in back end for all purchasing organizations and there is another vendor-2 created in back end with the same name and address as vendor-1.

The updated job in SRM is not able to block the vendor-1 and it is not able to replicate the vendor-2 to SRM.

I tried to set the purchase block in SRM manually for vendor-1, but when the update job runs, the purchase block is removed for vendor-1.

And the vendor-2 is not replicated to SRM.

Kindly need you input for this issue.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vipra,

There is a field check mark "Address Comparison to Identify Duplicates", while replicating the vendor, remove the tick mark and continue to replicate.

It will probably work. The reason the vendor is not replicating is, SRM does not allow duplicate vendors with same details. But the above exception is also provided.

You can try replicating with the above check mark being removed.

For the vendor block removal, please check the log once.

Hope it helps.

Regards

Bash

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is better if you share the error message getting while replication.

vipra
Participant
0 Kudos

Without having to remove the address check, customer has asked to enhance the Vendor replication program to include the comparison of bank accounts to let the system allow duplicates....Can anyone help me or provide any information on enhancing the BBPGETVD program.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In Standard SRM you can create duplicate vendor with the same detals, system will give the error that BP already exists.

are you running BBPUPVD for updating the blocked status ?, what is the error you are getting in application log after running update ?

vipra
Participant
0 Kudos

I do not have authorizations to run BBPUPDVD. When the job runs there is only some warning message that incoterm is not maintained in backend and the tax number does not exist.

But the purchase block is not set, central block i set for this vendor-1.

When i try to run BBPGETVD for vendor-2 by deselecting the address comparison, I do not have authorizations.

When the replication job runs, it gives an error that supplier already exists.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check the block at company code level, purchasing org level and central block.

For the vendor-2, that is the only option as far as i know, but you can also slightly change the address details in one field and try to replicate it.

Hope it helps

BR

Bash