cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ARQ: How to stop a request from submission if violations are present???

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to perform risk analysis at the time of request submission. This can be very much done by setting parameter#1071 to “YES”. This is working fine.

However, what I am looking for is, if any violations are present in the request, then request should not be submitted? May I know who this control can be implemented?

Regards,

Faisal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

parameter 1071 performs a risk analysis when the requestor submits the request. Be aware that the risk analysis result is intented for the approver and not the requestor. Therefore, the risk analysis result appear on the approver's screen but not on the requestor's.

Anyhow, regarding your question. I do not have a solution how do set this up. I am more wondering what is the reason of having such set up? Generally I would say that a request can have risks which need to be mitigated at a later stage. What is the reason to have a mitigation before approval? Consider for example the requestor submits a request which causes some conflicts. The first approver (line manager) rejects as the authorization is not required and no further action has to be taken. Hence it doesn't make sense to have a mitigation before last approval, as always someone might reject.

Looking forward to get your considerations.

Best regards,

Alessandro

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Alessandro,

Thanks for your reply.

It seems from your reply that, this is not the default behavior to prevent a request from submission if it has violations (Please confirm it). Do you suggest to get SAP's confirmation on this?

Secondly, you mean if a request is submitted with violations, then it will be "saved" in that request and will be visible to next approver (Manager, for example)? Because, we can not expect a requester to perform risk analysis before submitting a request as he is just a secretary and is not efficient enough to do so.

May you also please help me understand the right protocol to be used here in order to address this?

Regards,

Faisal

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

the behaviour can be set up differently in each organization. From my point of view a request can be submitted if it has violations. The MSMP workflow offers functionality to deal with risk. For example you can activate that a request cannot be approved if there are risks (you can do that for each step, check MSMP workflow > paths > task settings).

It makes definitely sense to set up this behaviour at the last stage so that a request cannot be approved if there are risks. Risks need to be mitigated before approving. Also for mitigation you can set up a workflow if required.

Just to highlight our set up: a requestor can initiate a request eventhough there are risks. Line Manager (first approver) and role owner (second approver) see the risk analysis results (parameter 1071) and they can approve beside risks. Our last stage is security stage and there it is not possible to approve beside risks (setting in msmp workflow). If a request has a risk, the request is sent to a responsible person who does the mitigation. If a mitigation is set and the risks analysis is performed again, the risks shows as mitigated and the request can be approved.

With such process you can easily follow the motto "get clean, stay clean" as everything is controlled and documented in the workflow.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Alessandro

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Alessandro,

Thanks again for your reply.

Yes, this can be very much done as you said in MSMP. I think, now I need to do that only as I dont see any possibility/reason to stop a request from submission if it has any violations.

Now I am moving forward to this configuration in MSMP and will seek you help again, if need be

Regards,

Faisal

Answers (0)