Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Module would be best for me to learn???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys

Myself Syed  having more than 3 yrs experiance as a Demand planner for spare parts & working in  SAP MM as an end user in a home applaince manufacuring MNC.

Now i want to do something more than an end user and want to make career in it.

Basically i use SAP MM & BI in some extent. i do not have knowledge of programming but i am interested in it.

So which would be best for me technical module like ABAP, BASIC, BW

or

functional module like SAP MM or CRM

Please help

thanks in advance

Syed

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member187748
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Syed,

as you told that you have worked as an end user in MM module, surely it will be a good choice for you.

When it comes to abap or basis (not baic as you have written), both are technical part of sap.

In abap you will need pure coding concept, i think you are not interested with it, and in basis you will need administration exposure.

So, i will suggest you to go with sap MM module.

Take training from any authorised training center and work extensively on it.

Best of Luck.

11 REPLIES 11

former_member187748
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Syed,

as you told that you have worked as an end user in MM module, surely it will be a good choice for you.

When it comes to abap or basis (not baic as you have written), both are technical part of sap.

In abap you will need pure coding concept, i think you are not interested with it, and in basis you will need administration exposure.

So, i will suggest you to go with sap MM module.

Take training from any authorised training center and work extensively on it.

Best of Luck.

0 Kudos

Thanks Mr Sanjeev Kumar for you reply ...

so i gonna join institute for it

could u please suggest which one would be better?

is mendatory to do certification to get job as a sap mm consultant?

0 Kudos

No. Its not mandatory to do certification to get job for SAP MM consultant.

I am a SAP MM consultant and I haven't done any certification.

You have to just strong on your technical knowledge about SAP MM configurations.

If you will do certification, then it will be an additional qualification for your career.

Regards

Dev

0 Kudos

Hi Syed,

no its not mandatory to get certification for getting job, certification only boost your Resume asd some extent of knowledge, its nothing to do with certification with job hunt.

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First of all, why you want to go with ABAP coding as you have experience with functional MM module.

If you have the experience of MM module as an end user, then I suggest learn more about MM module and try to become a MM consultant.

Read more about configuration level settings, I can refer you a document

Read the document and try to improve your MM experience.

Regards

Dev

0 Kudos

thanks for ur suggestion...

is it okay to get training from a uncertified institute?

0 Kudos

Yes, for training purpose you can go there but it will be a better option if you try for some authorized institute.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Syed,

You have already experience in materials (spare parts) and you are working as a end user for SAP MM module. So better to go with SAP MM.

Regards,

Murali Krishna.

0 Kudos

thanks murali for you reply..

can u help me further to know which institute would be better in ncr(if you have idea)

or is certification must to get job in this line

0 Kudos

Hello,

Institute you can find on Google easily, go for any SAP authorized institute. And Certification is not mandatory to get any job, it helps a bit to get a Job but not required at all..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Syed,

I think it is good decision to do certification as it would give star to your resume. But please make sure rather than only clearing certification you also learn configuration part that good!

There are very good institutes for SAP certification some of them are Siemens, Gennovate. I would suggest you not to opt for Delphi Computech.

For more details on SAP MM certification please visit:

How to Pass SAP MM Certification

All the best for your career ahead!!!

Thanks,