cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BI Mobile latest update problem?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have webi reports scheduled daily and displayed as pdf on iOS mobile devices. Some users have started reporting "can't seeing pdf's" since this morning while some others have no problem. I think it is due to the latest SAP BI Mobile update (5.1.10) on iOS. Instead of pdf's, just the old fashion mobile versions open up.

Has anyone else experienced this error?

We are on 4.1 sp1.

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

not checked the behavior yet.

will do.

you schedule pdf to mobile and open it using SAP Bi app?

Regards,

Atul B

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just schedule them as wid without changing the format option and check the box under mobile settings to display as pdf on supported devices. It used to work fine until the 5.1.10 update

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried to schedule a webi, checked properties to display on mobile and view as pdf. Its working fine for me on the new update as well.

any specific report not working for you?

Regards,

Atul B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

All the mobile webi reports that are daily scheduled and  intended to display as pdf's are not working. They display as old school mobile webi report, not as pdf. Also, I have sense that SAP BI mobile app has a problem seeing the latest instance of the reports. Upon pressing the download it often crash. I have sent 12 crash reports just from my own ipad by now. When I open the app again, the report looks to be downloaded. It is strange because, downloading should take at least 3 or 4 seconds.

I have investigated a bunch of ipads and iphones and all the reported problems come from version 5.1.10. The devices that hasn't updated yet (with version 5.1.8) do work fine as they did before.

Is your BO version same as mine? We are on 4.1 SP1 with no fix packs. May be it is due to the product version.

About 2 years ago, SAP had achieved such a similar case at the time of 4.0 SP4 Feature pack 3 release. They had released the newer version of the SAP BI Mobile app and it didn't support below SP4. Can you believe that? As if installing a SP on BO is as easy as downloading an app from the Appstore. Few days later, they put the old app back to the appstore.

For now, I am just hoping to find someone else with the same issue to confirm the error to report it.

Thank you for your time and effort by the way,

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

May be you can raise a incident with SAP

if it is a regression of some kind, it needs to be tested

i checked it on BI 4.1 SP3 with 5.1.10 and did not see the issue

Regards,

Atul B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have created a ticket for SAP and they confirmed it as a bug and suggested to upgrade SP level.

Also, they said, they had been working on bugs and crashes as well.

As a work-around they suggested opening the reports without downloading. That way, we can see the pdf's.

Thank you for your time and effort.

Answers (0)