cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Abap Proxy Set-up for two PI systems on different versions

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have certain interfaces built on PI 7.1 and some new interfaces being built on PI 7.3.The older interfaces on 7.1 have not yet been migrated to 7.3.As there can be only one PI system connected to ECC at a time,so for interfaces involving ABAP proxy we are facing limitations.

For my new interface,we have developed ESR objects in 7.3 then moved it to 7.1.As 7.1 system is connected to ECC hence was able to activate the proxy.Then deleted the ESR objects from 7.1 and created my ID objects in 7.3.I have then maintained an entry in ECC system in SXMB_ADM of category 'RUNTIME' with parameter 'IS_URL' and subparameter as username and in current value have maintained link for 7.3 system.

So,when I execute the interface with this user maintained in SXMB_ADM,then it points to 7.3 system and data flow happens successfully from ECC to PI 7.3 system.But this is user-specific and in production environment this is not feasible.Also, if the user here executes some interfaces which have objects in 7.1 system then too at runtime message will be directed to 7.3 and it will result in error.

Kindly suggest solution for the issue.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Richa

You can define subparameters based on Interface Name/namespace with t-code SXMSIF. Here you define "Sender/Receiver ID" for each service interface.

This ID then can be used as the subparameter for IS_URL, where you set the destination to point to your PI 7.3 system.

For those interface where you do not configure here, it should be routed to default location PI 7.1.

Rgds

Eng Swee

Message was edited by: Eng Swee Yeoh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Eng...

This worked!!!

Answers (0)