cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Show List of values" showing different values than "Preview List of values for the same dimension Object

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All, 

I have a dimension object in Business Layer which is showing a different values than the original database values. When I right click on the object and select "Show List of Values its showing values which are not related to the original values in the database but if I right click on the same object and select "Preview List of Values" it shows the right values present in the database. Any suggestions on how to rectify. It was working good and many reports have been built using that particular dimension.

Is there any way to fix the problem without the deleting the object or recreating another similar object as the object has been used in several reports, so by deleting or recreating the object may break the reports.

Please help!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreenivasulu,

Thanks for the reply.

former_member4998
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

A  list of values is a list that contains the data values associated with an object, Lists of values inserted in the data foundation are inherited by any business layer based on the data foundation.

Right click on the object and select  “Show Values”… Display all the DB values including null

Preview List of Values – also display same values...getting differnece meens...Check weather using any Static List of Values.

If you uncheck the Associated list of values check box "Preview List of Values" options is disabled.

For best practice …LOV is disabled for un-necessary dimension objects

Also If you have Db access check the correct data by

SELECT

Distinct Schema name. Table/View name. Object name

FROM

Schema.name. Table/View name

former_member4998
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI..

PLEASE mark the blog helpful & answered..