cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting changes from EWM to ECC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello dear experts

When I create a posting change in EWM, for example to change stock type from F1 to F2, a message is sent to ERP using goods movement interface. Usually in ERP a 311 movement is created to move the stock from one storage location to another.

Anyway, the HU data in ERP does not get updated. In HUMO you still see it in old storage location.

Is it possible to generate a delivery in ECC from EWM posting change?

I would like not to go through direct deliveries as they are creating STO in ERP and require a unique customer for each storage location, which is difficult because it would require changes to intecompany model .

Does anyone have a solution?

Thanks

Best regards

Carlo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member193471
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Carlo,

I do not think that, we will be able to create Delivery in ECC from Posting change in EWM. However, When you change the stock type in EWM. you should also choose the destination HU as same HU.

Then, During Posting change Interface, System automatically updates the Storage location information in ECC based on availability group of destination storage type and bin.

Could we know, how many storage locations are there in ECC.

Let us know, If the issue get resolved. 

Regards,

Sathish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Thanks a lot to both of you for your helpful answers

At last, I decided to debug and saw that delivery interface is used for posting changes only when a predecessor document exist, that is when the movement is originated by a posting change delivery in ECC. Otherwise, movement interface is used.

Regards

Carlo

former_member193471
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Carlo,

I would like to understand bit more deeply. Could you please correct, If my understanding is wrong.

Posting changes can be triggered automatically, when we confirm the warehouse task during inbound or outbound process to the final destination.

These automatic positing change documents will have a predecessor documents. In this case, EWM sends delivery interface to ECC. And, Delivery documents will be created in ECC.

During Manual posting change (/SCWM/POST) process, we will be missing predecessor documents. in this case, system will use Movement Interface. And, we will not be able to create Delivery Documents in ECC.

Is my understanding correct?

Regards,

Sathish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sathish

To my understanding, when a posting change delivery itself is created in ERP and distributed (for example a DTR delivery type) the system finds a predecessor and uses delivery interface

And also, when you are creating a posting change for an HU linked to a delivery, and the HU was not moved yet to a final storage type, /SPE/GOODSMVT_CREATE fm is called with reference to the delivery. This if you did the customizing for inbound deliveries under "Interfaces/ERPIntegration/Set Control Parameters for ERP Version Control

In ERP you will see the posting change in document flow for delivery

That's all I know..

Best regards

Carlo

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

"Anyway, the HU data in ERP does not get updated. In HUMO you still see it in old storage location."

Yes, of course it does. Why should it show something different? You have no HUM on Storage Location level with EWM, so the HU does not belong to a sloc. What you see in the HU monitor just reflects what comes from the inbound delivery.

Why would you want to change?

Brgds

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Juergen

Thanks for your quick reply.

If HU data is not changed on ERP side, you will have traceability problems with HUs.

You even do not know which is the goods movement that moved the stock that should be packed in the HU.

Until the problem is related to logistic questions, you can create reports in EWM.

But if, for example, people from production are asking for traceability reports, you can't tell them to do a report in EWM. You need to propose some solution in ERP.

Thanks

Carlo

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

sorry, but there is no traceability on HU level in ERP if you use a decentral warehouse management system.

I am afraid that is the answer.

Brgds

Juergen