cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventory Delta load failure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus, I have a production problem with the Inventory delta load, please help!!!

we load our material movements into 2 cubes and 1 ODS in parallel into BW from R/3, last night there were some invalid characters so the delta load failed(05/04 @ 00:04:21), so I made the request as red in the monitor and deleted them from the 2 cubes and ODS then corrected the errored records in the PSA but instead of manually scheduling from the scheduler I did a repeat in the process chain on the failed step, this failed again loading to the data targets(05/04 @ 10:46:28).

Then I made the failed request red and backed it out from the data targets and now went back to the PSA and manually scheduled the original load into the data targets(05/04 @ 00:04:21) after which the step finished and the process chain completed alhtough the request was still red as I had made it red so I made the request green in the monitor.

after this I still had the repeat of the delta as red(05/04 @ 10:46:28) in the process chain and the PSA had 1 request which was red, now tonight we got another delta load failure(05/05 @ 00:04:46) with the same error message again so now there are 2 errored requests in PSA one from today and the other from last night's repeat.

so it looks like its pulling the same data from yesterday again,how do I fix this, here is an image of the PSA

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you share error message from source system job log details.

From your info pack monitor--> menu environment--> job overview--> job in the source system--> it will ask source system user id and pass word, enter those and you will get your job in source system.

select job and click log details. see the error message in detailed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rama, Thanks for your reply but the error is due to some special chars which I corrected in the PSA yetserday and posted successfully into BW but the same error is occuring again in today's load so the issue with the delta repeat which I did in BW which is still in a failed state, how do I fix that?

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if we have invalid char then psa load will never fail, PSA allows raw data.

About special char, please inform to source and rectify it. so tomorrow load will be fine.

if your info pack load was failed then there is some thing other than special char issue.

please check and reply me.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

The PSA load hasn't failed but the load to the cube has failed due to these lower case letters which I corrected in the PSA and posted to the cube yesterday but I also did a delta repeat which is still in a failed state in the PSA and probably causing today's delta to fail with this same error message

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Delete bad request from cube, so delta pointer will reset.

rectify erroneous record at psa and trigger the load/dtp step by manual.

Yes, its lower case, you can select lower case option at related info object maintenance, general tab. or you can edit at psa to capital letter.

at PSA why you have request as red?

KodandaPani_KV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

go to the monitor of the info package

go to the status tab -> check the error msg and step by step analysis.

it some time source system connection and delta load failure.

Thanks,

Phani.