Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update Attribute values at runtime

christian_rose2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

i have a UI self service task which copies roles from an other user to my own. Now i have the request to first display the role from the reference user and provide the possibility to select the role the user wants to copy. I have created a reference attribute (Type MX_ROLE) and a entry reference attribute to select the user to copy from. What i don't know is how to update the role attribute at run-time of the task when the user to copy the role from is selected. Can somebody give me some hints how to achieve this?

Regards

Christian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

normann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

Unfortunately dynamic forms (the feature to dynamically fill fields at runtime) is only working for single select fields. You are very welcome to place a request for that feature to be changed to all available field types in our idea place SAP NetWeaver Identity Management (SAP IDM): Home since this kind of requirement is not unique - I have been in same situation already.

For more details check help topic "Specifying attribute values for an identity store attribute".

Anyway, the only way to achieve that now is to do it in a workflow (using approval tasks). Means in a first step you select the user and next you get an item into your inbox where you can select the roles you want to copy from that user.

Regards

Norman

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

Maybe you could do this look up via the extension framework?

Hope it helps!

Matt