cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7.5 Log Apply to 7.8

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have successfully restored our 7.5 32bit database to 7.8 64bit but having issues applying the 7.5 logs.  This should work, right?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

Have you referred the steps in SAP note

Note 129352 - Homogeneous system copy with MaxDB (SAP DB)

Please do so to avoid any issues during copy.

Hope this helps

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Deepak. No issues with the copy or the restore to the 7.8 system.  Everything comes up fine, but for the final move to 7.8, I have tried to apply logs in hopes to keep the 7.8 in-sync with 7.5 until the evening of the cut-over.  129352 does not speak to this topic.

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

Could you please attach a bigger and clearer image on the issue.

We could barely see the error message

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tried resizing. Lost the original image. If this doesn't work, it maybe sometime tomorrow or Tuesday before I start the restore again on the 7.8 system.

Question in the meantime.. looking at the pipe option but have permission issues.  Both 7.5 & 7.8 services are "local system". Started the backup on source using a local/company utility account (kproadmin) and started the restore on the 7.8 system with my domain account (company-name/<userid>).  So are they implying I need to start the backup (source) using my domain account?

Thanks for responding on a Sunday.

Added pic again.. but it's smaller (in size).. if it's to hard to read.. will have to get a new snapshot earlier in the week.