cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Licence Depreciation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP Gurus,

I am new to GTS and facing a small problem while configuring license. My client wants the value depreciation to take place whenever export is done using particular license. He has multiple licences for same product and wants depreciation to take place one after another. Is there any way to configure this set up? Basically what i am looking for is whenever the first license reaches zero, system shud immediately use next available license.

Please explain me in detail if possible as i am new to SAP and GTS as well

Regards,

Vam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vamshi,

Can you help me understand why you have 3 license for one product? There should be something different in those licenses. Either the Validity date/Destination country etc. Are these 3 licenses of same category(same license type or different license type).

-- If you are sure, that these 3 licenses belong to same license types in GTS and they have all the attributes similar. Please don't worry. As soon as the value/quantity is depreciated in one license, system will automatically look for another license under same license type.

Please test it and get back to us if you don't find this working in your system. Hope this helps.

Regards

Dhilipan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Basically, First license value is about to be finished and he wants another two licences to be used once first one is completely exploited. I think answer for my question is in your reply. I will see what is going to happen once first one is finished. Actually, i am just working to replace another collegue. Could you please help me in creating new license, if its not long process.

Thanks for you reply Dhilip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vamshi,

Please go to GTS cockpit- tcode- /sapsll/menu_legal

SAP Compliance Management-Legal Control Export/Import- (Export/Import Licenses section) Maintain Export License(Create).

Alternatively, you can directly use tcode /sapsll/lclic01-create, /sapsll/lclic03- display

Provide all necessary details based on the attributes setup for your license type. Alternatively you can even copy the existing license which was created by your colleague earlier. In the create license screen you will find an option to provide an existing license# and copy the same.

Regards

Dhilipan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dilip,

This is your chat in the past. I am pasting it below:

"Setup did for this by me :

1) Created a new Agreement- with the same attributes as the License type.

2) Created a depreciation group.

3) Assigned this Agreement and depreciation group to the new license type that i created."

But, what my doubt is, when you create a license.. what is the basic funda behind depreciation? we give depreciation in item categories. But how will it depreciate the value of license as we never linked any item categories to license....??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vamshi,

• Firstly, the post that you had checked was for another topic. I don't think that particular solution is needed for your case. You don't need agreement functionality here.

• Regarding your question on depreciation group: Good qn. Basically, the logic is slightly different.

You create a depreciation group for each document level under

SAP Global Trade Services-->General Settings-> legal Regulations->Define Depreciation Groups for Documents.

Later you link this depreciation group to the item category as you pointed out earlier.

When license determination and assignment is executed by the system in background. From the Customs document, system will identify the item category. With the item category, it will identify the depreciation group it is linked to.With the depreciation group, system will depreciate the quanity/value from the license. So, there is no need of direct linkage of depreciation group for licenses.

You will need depreciation group for license only when you are using agreement functionality, which is not needed for your scenario as of now. Hope this helps.

Regards

Dhilipan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh!! so, agreement functionality is not needed for every license? could you please elaborate it? Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vamshi, 

Can u please open a separate thread?

In future if someone else is looking for similar discussions it will be helpful for them.

Regards

Dhilipan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Dhilip... I will open new thread....

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Vam,

I understand your concerns for your customer's request and also confusion at your end due the fact that you are new to this field. To clear the matter, my points are as follows:-

• For your request to create two licences and make sure that once the earlier license is exhausted, the next available one should be picked by the system:- On this request, I would say that you can create a new license with similar attributes as the existsing one by copying existing one and you can activate it as well. So, the system transactions will flow in the normal way till the earlier license gets over and once it is over, system will assign the next available one to the relevant transaction but with an error in the logs that the earlier license does not have enough quantity. In this case, then, you need to deactivate/Expire the earlier license and re-check all the documents with concerned issue ( Being a consulat you need to proactively check the system issue or probably you can check for the date when this issue started and re-check all the documents from that date untill earlier license is deactivated). This will ensure that your transactions have a license even though the earlier one is exhausted. and once ealier license is marked as exhausted, the transaction flow will go in a smooth way with the new license.

• For your query on Agreements:- This is special case of Export Compliance in accordance with the American ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulation) regulations. For more details, please check below link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_gts10/helpdata/en/33/5d12bc10ad410b9dc52b8660ce892c/content.htm

I hope that now your doubts will be clear and you can work in  an effective and clear way.

Regards,

Aman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Amandeep. INow, what all i need is basic steps to create license. What are the pre requisites and mandatory things needed? Could you pls help me out!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vamsi,

Below are the steps to create a license:-

• In SPRO-Customization Area

Create a suitable Legal Regulation if it doesn't exists.

Activate it for a partuclar country and transaction if it is not done till now.

Create a license type if starting from scratch.

• In GTS Cockpit(Tcode-/sapsll/menu_legal)

Create a license determination Strategy if not done yet for the concerned license Type.

Create a new License and activate it will full details.

Please ask me for more information, if required.

Regards,

Aman