cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Condition type splits in billing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, We are using condition type to charge minimum price of $20 every time we ship from an order. Sometime we ship partial instead of the full order , whenever we ship partial system splits the condition type value in half. For example, if we have order of 10 and we ship 5 system will charge $10 instead of $20 because shipment is for half. We want system to charge $20 every time we ship. Doesn't matter how many deliveries we have system should charge $20 every time we ship from the order. How to achieve this? Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saila,

have you considered calculating freight in the delivery instead of in the sales order?

Regards,

JM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello JM, we want user to enter this condition type manually in the order when needed for certain materials.  Our deliveries and invoices are created in batches automatically. We would like to charge $20 per shipment for certain materials. (manual Condition type). Do I have to maintain anything under shipment cost under LE or that is different topic? Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can determine price conditions (freight...) in the delivery and then set the system to transfer these conditions to the invoice along with price conditions coming from the sales order. You don´t need to set up shipment process.

Search in google and you´ll find plenty of documentation on how to.

Regards,

JM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you JM. You solved my problem 🙂 Issue resolved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saila,

I am facing the same issue. Can you please share the solution for the same,

Thanks,

Susmitha Pritam

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

One alternative--have you tried by keeping 23/24 as requirement in V/08 for this freight condition type.

Pl update.

Phanikumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Phanikumar, I tried it doesn't work. Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saila,

I think, the condition type that you are using is marked as a group condition in which system will consider the number items and distribute the total amount among items. If yes, then please check the group condition routine and write a custom group condition routine if required.

Otherwise check the copy control of billing document _> (VOFA or VOFL) -> item level settings->pricing type, and re-determine this item condition whenever a billing document is being generated.

Regards,

Satya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Satya, The reason I can't change anything in copy control becuse then I would change it for all condition types. We just don't want this one particular condition type to behave differently. We want to charge per shipment $20 for this condition type.(It's manual) Thank you

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

""""Hi Amit, I appreciate your help. It is based on fixed amount (B). Therefore I am confused why its splitting it half for partial shipments. We want system to charge full amount every time we ship""""

If it is fixed--why reduction based on quantity???

Any calculation routine/condition base routine in place?? any scales maintained...

Phanikumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Phanikumar, We only have requirement 2 (item with pricing). There is no other requirement or scales. Thank you

former_member220617
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear sailakh ,

as per your scenerio fright has to come full all times to the billing , you have to maintain one rotiune for this condition type in alternative caluclation type for condition type .i serched all the standered type but for your scenario it is not suitable .so create one new cuatomised rotinue and give the

logic  for this condition type value  should copy the full amount every time even if split happens .

check the copy controls and change the pricing relevent for billing

Regards,

C.B reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Thank you for your help! Could you help me with your guidance what type of routine would help me to achieve this? I really appreciate your help. Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello saila

It seems your freight condition type is configured based based on qty.you can either create a new condition type for freight with Fixed amount and replace the new condition with your old freight condition from pricing procedure.

Or

You can change the configuration of existing condition type directly in v/06 change it to fixed instead of quantity. (Make sure that this condition type is not being used by any other pricing procedure)

For reporting purpose or not to impact any other business processes, I suggested you to create new condition type.

Let us know if it works, if not then please share screen shot of configuration of your condition type and pricing procedure.

Thanks

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit, I appreciate your help. It is based on fixed amount (B). Therefore I am confused why its splitting it half for partial shipments. We want system to charge full amount every time we ship.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then I guess it's a standard behavior as at the time of invoice based on copy control settings , it will invoice based on quantity and therefore it is prorating fixed type condition value....you can write a Calculation formula in front of condition type in a pricing procedure and bypass delivery qty and copy condition record value.

Or

You can also suggest to business by adding another dummy line for freight having a fixed amount.

Let us know your thoughts or constraints.

Thanks and Regards

Amit Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amit, could you elaborate what about adding dummy line? Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello saila

You can create one dummy material let say 9999 and configure and determine new item category for this dummy material.Make sure to remove +/- from copy control settings so that in case of partial billing you can bill this dummy material again and again.

Also include your COPA consultant so that they can map and include costing of freight charges in their Copa reporting (if applicable).

Try this solution and let me know if you face any issue.

Thanks

Amit