cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM with high availibility

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have already installed MDM 7.1 without high availability for development system. We are now planning to install MDM 7.1 production system with high availability using master/slave approach.

I have below doubts before I can start production system installation:

1) How many MDS server and DB server should we install to provide high availability.  And Do we need to use virtual host name?

2) Do I need any different preparation for installing MDM as we will be using master/slave repositories. I know procedure for creating master/slave repositories.

3) We are going to use CRM and webchannel systems with MDM. In CRM development environment, we have done settings under transaction SMOEAC  and MDMGX related  to MDM development system.  But for production system, my concern is how switch over will take place from slave repository to master repository incase of failure, if we make setting in CRM system to point to slave repository under transaction SMOEAC  and MDMGX.

I will be thankful if someone can send me document to urvi2020@gmail.com, if they have already installed MDM with high availability using master/slave approach and also related to configuration required in CRM and Webchannel systems.

Thanks,

Urvi Bhanushali

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Urvi,

The following guide explains how to install MDM on MSFS, I hope it will assist you.

Best regards,

Tal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Document you have provided is for Microsoft cluster but we will be using Linux OS and we don't want to use Cluster, can we achieve high availability only by using master/slave approach?

As per below link, we want to use pure MDM mechanism (master/slave) for high availability:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmdm71/helpdata/en/48/6a2f1901a907bee10000000a42189d/content.htm?frames...

Also how to do configuration in CRM system?

Thanks,

Urvi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We installed MDM with high availibility with Master/Slave approach. I got details from MDM operation guide.

Thanks,

Urvi

Answers (0)