cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Default standard text to notification on creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Is it possible to automatically add standard text when the notification created.

Currently we are asking users to manually add the standard text which is wast of effort for every notification.

If yes, please explain the details how to do.

Thanks

Panneer

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the below exit.

QQMA0025 PM/SM: Default values when adding a notification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

I am not abaper. Could you please elabrorate. We have multiple company code/Planning/maintenance plant. Based on the company code from functional location, i want a specific standard text to be automatically populated in the notification long text. It should happen upon population of functional location.

Thanks,

Panneer

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Panneer,

We have used user-exit QQMA0025 (SMOD) to read/save a default standard text which is applied to the header long-text of specific notification types during IW21.

We used function modules READ_TEXT and SAVE_TEXT to manipulate the data.

Talk to your ABAP team -  they should be able to help.

PeteA

former_member193464
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pete,

I know it is a little late to ask on this post. But just hoping may be you'd know the answer...

I already did the part to show default long text at time of creation. However in my system if you do not enter anything on the text that was copied to notification , it is not being saved.

Debugging it i found out that Standard SAP calls a FM on commit through a subroutine TEXT_UPDATE to change the initial name to the new number that has been assigned to the notification.

The problem comes in the cl_gui_text_editor the read in text stream is set only for modified(harcoded in standard sap when calling the method to read text stream)(and as in this case we did not touched the editor/changed anything so it showed blank). and then we created ITF data , which was later on passed to the internal table that stores the text ( and then on to text_update).

I am still trying to get a workaround for this problem. May be you faced it too ? and already have a workaround ?

Thanks in advance,

Manoj

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pann,

Usually custom requirements are addressed through User-Exits with simple few line coding. This is because Structures having several fields (here Notification related) are provided in these Enhancements.

But yours is a complex case, because there will not be any fields related to Long-texts (text-id, object etc) in these structures. Though the solution might go through the suggested User-Exit, the code will be longer and in my view an expert ABAPer would be able to achieve this. Suggest you to post this in ABAP space, by referring the User-Exit and asking for the code to be written, which might make the job of your ABAPer simpler.

Jogeswara Rao K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Joges. I will post it to ABAP forum for code details.