cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to post single expense type to multiple GL accounts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

How to post single expense type to multiple GL accounts. For example, I have a expense type called as "HOTEL FARE". This expense type used by all the employees in my company. But the amount will differ based on the employee groups like for DIR level 300 USD, consultant level 250 USD and for contract people level it will be 200 USD. So how can assign this single expense type to multiple GL accounts?

Regards,

Narayana

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narayana,

there is an user exit to influence the GL posting.

But let me first understand your request.

What do you mean by Hotel fare? Normally each traveller get reimbursed to the amount he/she spends for a hotel. If you like to delimit this you should start to the planning part of a trip.

For which reason you would like to post "HOTEL" Costs to different GL accounts? Normally you do not head such a fine tuning. Only if you would like to build up a reporting over spend hotel costs.

Such a reporting is normally better place in SAP Travel Management.

There are plenty of reports in SAP standard to check on expense type level.

By this please let me know your reason behind and I can think of an solution inside SAP TM.

Best regards,

Sigi

Anwar20
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Narayana

You can use BADI  : TRIP_POST_FI  .It will help you to post same expense type in different GL code.

You have create a custom table . then you have maintain same expense type & assign different symbolic account.

Like If your exp type- HTLR ,you  have assassinated wage type- 6000

Then in custom table, you need to assign different symbolic account. like

wage type                      symbolic account

6000                            +1

6000                             +1A

6000                             +1B

Then call the above badi & change your symbolic account based on your business requirements .

Once you have done all the above activities. It will post in FI  with different GL code .

Thanks

Anwar  Hossain  

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anwar,

Are you sure that, can we maintain multiple entries with single wage type?

wage type                      symbolic account

System won't allow to create multiple entries for single wage type as you said above. Correct me if I am wrong and also provide the solution with example.

Regards,

Narayana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sigi,

Thanks for your response.

I want to differentiate the cost allocation based on the employee grade wise. For example, Management, consultants and contract. In this case I want to post the amount to 3 different GL accounts with respect to the employee grade wise.

And also I need the best practices for Travel advance posting. As I know while creating the travel request we will enter the advance amount, after that we will settle in PR03. Next we need go for PRFI and after that PRRW. Correct me if I am wrong and also kindly provide the best practices for advance posting

Regards,

Narayana

Anwar20
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

This is possible . i have given you the solution & process if you have seen my reply.

1. you have to maintain table T706K , there you can assign single wage type with one symbolic account.

Like  6000    +1

2. create the custom table ,there you can give the entry as per my

3. Implement the badi - TRIP_POST_FI , there you can see the method  change in T706K.  use that method & call the custom table based on your business logic write the code.

Let me know if u need any further  information

Thanks

Anwar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narayana,

just check docu in V_T706K view for column KEY - (The value of the formal parameter USERS in the routine FORM EXB706K in include RPREX010 of RPRFIN00 is used to read table T706K. )

Best practice for advances to post them to GL advances. Travel Management takes care about this payment in Cluster Segment ROT (Result table for postings)

You can check this via transaction PRTE (to read all important data about one trip, Cluster data TE and transparent table entries)

Posting will be done against employee vendor. After trip is done only the difference will be paid to the traveller. If the advance was higher than the reimbursement amount the vendor account will not be cleared and will wait until next reimbursement amount will come ... and so on....

Hope that helps,

Sigi