cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One to many receivers requirement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a requirement -->File (Contains multiple material records ), to File scenario  according to material name I need to route of the record it needs to choose the receiver (dynamic routing).

mapping :- Simple normal conditions.

So how can I choose the receivers in the PI . Please suggest me how to proceed .

Thanks,

Vijay Kumar K.V.N

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

Thanks for the reply,

I guess I have confused in putting my requirement I will try making it clear .

For each MT_Invoice  I need to create separate message , according to a field "Prod_Startdate" field I need to route the message to particular receiver business system.

For this I have created an Extended receiver determination , I have kept this logic in that but I am getting an error in the Receiver determination step.

Kindly tell me how I need to proceed further in this case.

Thanks,

Vijay Kumar

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Have you followed the wiki pointed by Harish to use Extended (Dynamic) Receiver Determination?, pay attention to the ID configuration (Defining Extended (Dynamic) Receiver Determination - Integration Directory - SAP Library).

Could you share the exception that you have got?

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Are you collecting multiple input files to a single output file, else you are splitting the file into multiple files based on Material name and you are determining receiver?

You can create a graphical mapping with target as Receiver Determination and split the input file based on Material name and determine the receiver using Fixed/Value mapping.

Apply similar logic in actual mapping which we are going to use in Interface Determination.

Thanks

Jayaram

Former Member
0 Kudos

To split the message to multiple messages, change the signature in the message mapping to cardinality 0..unbounded for the target message. Do the same in the operation mapping. Then map the message accordingly.

Then you get multiple messages. Now we have to route them to the right receiver. Questions:

• Is there a small number of possible receivers that does not change often? Then use context objects and conditions.
  • You said it is a file adapter on the receiver side. Do the invoices just have to be put into different directories? You can create an XPath expression in the receiver communication channel und refer to it in the file name.

Message was edited by: Stefan Münchow

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

If you are converting the flat file to XML in sender communication channel, then use the standard receiver determination to route the message. But you need to filter the message in message mapping (only need to consider the required data for that receiver).

other option is use multiple flow. Split the message in first flow and route the message (using multi mapping) to desired receiver in second flow.

refer the below doc for multimapping

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/90dcc6f4-0829-2d10-b0b2-c892473f1...

if your receiver determination condition is complex then use enhanced receiver determination. refer the below wiki

Step by Step guide to Explain Enhanced Receiver Determination - Application Server Infrastructure - ...

regards,

Harish