Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block the payment if inspection lot is not cleared by quality

former_member184666
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have requirement to block the payment if inspection lot (01 Inspection type) is not cleared by quality. Activated QM Proc active and maintained control key 0007 in material master QM view.

I rejected the lot, able to generate the Invoice for the purchase order/line item in MIRO with message as 'Blocked for Payment", but manually able to make the payment. I could not understand what config or steps are missing to Block the Payment incase of lot is rejected in QM. Requesting to throw some light to fix the issue which will be highly appreciable.

Thanks & Regards,

Ramagiri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think this question should have been asked in the FI forum. Why do the accountants pay an invoice which has an invoice block? How do they do this, how do they remove the payment block.

Usually it is released  with MRBR after the inspection is done.

I do not know if Finance can manually erase this payment block from any other of their transactions, but QM has done its job if the customizing is in place and the payment block is set along with the inspection lot.. And a manual payment to the vendor is probably possible anytime if these documents are not referenced

former_member184666
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Jurgen. Working with my FI consultant based on your inputs.

Thanks & Regards,

Ramagiri

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have to second Juergen's first comment.  I can promise you from experience that if you put in coding to prevent payemnts due to a quality block, the FI folks will eventualy scream and you'll be backing out any coding.

There are resons you might need to pay a vendor even though the lot is not yet cleared.  While we expect quaity processes to be smooth, they aren't always. And I'm sure that you'll wind up holding something in QI while something is investigated or extra testing is done, or something...  you can't forsee everything down the line.  Someday you might add a test that takes 60 days to perform and you have net 30 days terms with the vendor.

This is something that really should be a business process.  Why would an FI person override the block normally?  They should always be asking the Quality folks and tracking this manually until they can pay the bill.

If testing NORMALY takes longer than the terms of payment set up with the vendor, then either the testing needs to change, (not likely), or the terms of payment should be extended.

Craig

former_member184666
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

You are right. Thanks to all experts for your valuable inputs which helped to proceed further. I am not using the exit, instead the message trigger during MIRO "'Blocked for Payment" is fine. As Jurgen already mentioned if QM config is in place QM has done its job of Blocking the Payment if inspection lot is not cleared by quality. Through MRBR block needs to be released and further online payment needs to be processed.

Since user wants to do manual invoice also for various reasons system is configured by FI in OB27 without flagging "Manual Payments block", hence though Payment is blocked in MIRO, manually able to clear payment in F-53 without releasing the block in MRBR. Looks like more visibility should be given to FI and QM users to avoid manual payments in case of Payment Blocks.

Currently while testing i am facing another issue. As per SAP Help if Invoice Block is activated in control key then  "'Blocked for Payment" should trigger in two cases like (1) If UD is not done (2) If inspection lot is rejected. But even if inspection lot is accepted and qty is posted to unrestricted stock during MIRO i am getting the message as "'Blocked for Payment". Before posting the invoice  Payment Block is 'Free for Payment" and after posting invoice in display mode i could see the Payment Block as 'Invoice Verification" which is supposted to be "Free for Payment" since inspection lot is cleared. Any suggestion to fix the issue will be appreciable.

Thanks & Regards,

Ramagiri

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My understanding was that once a payment block was set, it could only be manually removed.  This may have changed with newer versions of SAP as I haven't looked at this in quite a while.

Craig

former_member184666
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thanks for your inputs. Issue got solved through MM Forum.MIRO - Block for Payment - Reason

Apart from control key, if PO is with GR-Based IV flag - Case1 - If inspection lot is cleared it will not go for Block for Payment and Case 2 - If Inspection lot is not cleared then it goes for Block for Payment. Currently i flagged GR-Based IV flag and issue got resolved.

Thanks & Regards,

Ramagiri

former_member184536
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rao

That config is used to restrict the automatic payment to vendor. So it cann't help you out in manual payment . So it better to use user exit LMR1M001            User exits in Logistics Invoice Verification so that MIRO( invoice) can be booked only that qty which has been cleared from quality.

Regards

Manish

former_member221025
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ramagiri,

Control key helps to put "Blocked for Payment" message but this does not serve our purpose as Block can be removed manually.

As Jürgen L said, QM has done its job, this is more of an FI issue now.

You may consider using LMR1M001            User exits in Logistics Invoice Verification          

There are few threads on this topic

miro for unrestricted use qty only | SCN

Amol.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

payment is after MIRO, so I still in doubt if MIRO exits could help here

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would liked to suggested here that if the lot is rejected,instead of selection of the blocked/Rejection location or selection,it is better to select RETURN DELIVERY and put qty into that location,

so that during MIRO selection,vendor payment automatically blocked,

Also even after the payment to the vendor,the materials could easily send to the vendor by 161 movement type,

But the 161 movement applicable for the regular vendor, for one time vendor it is difficult to maintain,rather use 122 movemnet as mention above to send the deliveries,

Devendra

former_member184666
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Devendra,

Thanks for yoru suggestion. If qty is entered under Return Delivery then system is not processing the Invoice. But user does not want to post under return delivery. He want to post under Blocked stock only.

Thanks & Regards,

Ramagiri

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try with 'E Defect' in the message mode under Message control for Lock.

I don't remember if this can be done for manual intervention also but I think this should work.

ntn