Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDoc vs ABAP Proxy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have a couple of integration scenarios as such

SAP -> XI -> SOAP

We have a couple of options for the link between SAP -> XI.

1. ABAP Proxy

2. IDoc

These are usually asynchronous updates to the external system, triggered from SAP.

Which method is better in terms of performance, and maintainability point of view.

Currently, I chose the IDOC approach because if we were to go with the ABAP Proxy approach, the SAP system requires an XI ADD-ON, which implies additional risk.

Any advise is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Ron

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member431549
Contributor
0 Kudos

Always go IDoc if you have one available that serves your purposes. On-going support and error investigation and recovery will be better with an IDoc than any other possibility.

Performance probably (I'm not sure) will not be as good as it woul dbe with proxy, as there is not the overhead of persisting the idoc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ron,

Check below threads which talks about selection between IDOC or Proxy:

Regards,

Subhasha ranjan

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ron,

Take a look at this blog, it should answer your question of when to choose Idoc's and when to go for proxies,

<a href="/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/08/14/choose-the-right-adapter-to-integrate-with-sap-systems">Choose the Right Adapter to integrate with SAP systems</a>

If your load is high, then SAP strictly recommends proxies. If load is not very high and you have standard Idoc's available for this, you might as well go for Idoc's.

Regards

Bhavesh