cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fiori & BYOD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have any members crossed the bridge of permitting Fiori on BYOD (Bring Your Own Device)?

2 clients in the past week have asked me about it and are each trying to approach it from different angles. After drilling down into more detail, concerns are around revoking access and managing access, along with a single point of removal for all things company owned on the device.

Putting the last point aside, I am hoping someone has deployed Fiori to staff members personal devices and can provide some insight into risks that were acceptable and any learnings.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ritesh.

Devices are not a problem and is part of the wider BYOD strategy, as only certain devices and Operating Systems are permitted.

Am interested in insights into acceptable risks along with learnings from anyone that has been involved in deploying Fiori as part of BYOD. Have you deployed Fiori to personal devices?

brenton_ocallaghan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Alan,

I have deployed Fiori in a few BYOD scenarios successfully.

As fiori is based on standard HTML5 we have deployed over the web in the past and made sure that no data was stored on the device (HTML5 storage). In that way, revoking access was as simple as disabling their account.

Now, there is the concept of the SAP Fiori Client - an on-device fiori browser for accessing your Fiori launchpad. If you are concerned about security then you could wrap the client using something like Mocana app wrapping to introduce data at rest encryption or per-app VPNs.

There are a lot of options on this front - happy to have a more in depth discussion if you want.

Cheers,

Brenton.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brenton

Excellent info, thank you and also for the link. This is more response I was seeking. Would be interested in exploring a little further. Appreciate the response.

Cheers

Alan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alan,

I don't see any problem in managing access to applications as Fiori application are

role based so you can easily maintain a check on who should be able to use the application.

Next, before rolling out the application to staff members you should know their device configurations.

This is important because Fiori application are not supported by all mobile phones available in the in the market.

For more information on the device support please visit:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-53180

Regards,

Ritesh