cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cross-Component Context Mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I need your help. Problem: I changed data in original context node of parent component during runtime but corresponding mapped context node in child component did not get updated.

The following image explains my application:

The action event handler method for the button is implemented in the view controller of the parent component. I don't use any supply functions.

Problem: The second input field (bound to mapped context attribute in child component view) should always have the same value as the first input field (bound to original context attribute in parent component view). Unfortunately, the second input field remains always empty! First input field works fine.

Do you have any suggestions?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member217916
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dominik,

It seems the way you have mapped your parent node to your child is incorrect.

Apart from mapping your need to define a method as a interface method to get/set data.

Please refer to following link for step-by-step info on how to do external node mapping. You may have missed a step.

Instantiating the Used Component.in ABAP Web Dynpro

Regards,

Karan Ranawat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karan,

actually, I used "simple context mapping" (which is also part of cross-component context mapping) and I still haven't figured out yet how to make my application work with "simple context mapping".

However, you mentioned the "external context mapping". I gave it a try and my application works perfectly now.

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

Regards,

Dominik

Answers (0)