Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to install SAP on Linux

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I recently downloaded

https://store.sap.com/sap/cpa/ui/resources/store/html/SolutionDetails.html?pid=0000000243

It is a 8.2 Gb download. I have 256kbps speed (India), hence could not download the entire file in one go and had to try 3-4 times.

I used to continue from the old file and I downloaded using Firefox.

I used the document available at

to install. I have already installed VMware and I have reached to the end of page 12. But the installation stops abruptly giving no error.

Attached is the last screen I see.

I am using Ubuntu 13.10.

So, my questions is:

1. How do I proceed? I have tried 3-4 times to perform the same procedure, each time it ends abruptly and goes to the initial screen of VMware where I have turn it on again.

2. Where can I get logs of errors if any?

3. How do I check if the downloaded file was not corrupt? It would be really bad if I have to download 8 Gb of file again (which took me around 2 weeks because of bad Internet connection anyway)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr. Chinmay,

There is major possibility of inconsistency in downloaded software in your case. Kindly download the software with reliable internet connection.

Verify checksum value of downloaded software.

Set Full permission to downloaded software & the containing directory.

Best of luck.

Kind rgds,

Ashwin Mane

randy_middleton
Explorer
0 Kudos

After doing a google search on your error;  

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-newbie-8/gzip-stdin-input-output-error-what-does-it-me...

Can you confirm that the archive is really ok?.

You can hope that more HD space will fix the problem but that is a best case sceniro.   On VMwear 5 or 5.1 it is an easy fix.  Just shut down the Virtual  machine and up the HD space.  Screen shot from VMwear 5.1 w/ 1.5 Terra byte raid 5 array.    

this is a linus machine that started out as 8 GB.  I bumped it to 16 after install.  Really easy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have 52 Gb free now, but still getting same error.

So, I doubt space is issue, I think file might be corrupt.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you are right, there might be some problem with my file.

I did the sha256sum but I think it also needs verification/signature file? (I am not sure)

Can you please run the same on your copy and let me know if this is the code you are getting? (If that is how it works?)

e8767bb9d563ff7a92b02de56c8c0cf825edb942cb51b1ded32c2413a7c3a0db

I also tried to just extract the ISO file with Archive manager, but I am getting below error.

I am not sure what the error is, but it seems there most probably is problem with file.

I am away from the city, and 256 kbps is maximum that I can get now, which gives me 26 kbps download speed, which will take more than 48 hours for which the link is active.

May be I would try to contact some of my friends in city to download, but again 8Gb is too much for them to download too.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dropped an email to linux@sap.com and asked for sha256sum code.

This is the code:

52ee376d0a0b836beadcbd217cddc4f78b7566029d90f96ea084659a43352735

which is different from mine. So, I guess the file is corrupt.

I will close this thread and start a new one if I get any further issues.

Thanks everyone for responding.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use find /media -name *.tgz -exec tar -tvzf {} \; to check consistency of all gzipped tar files. If all archives are intact, check that there is sufficient free space on the file system to ungzip & untar the archives. The latter is the more likely reason since you have been able to mount the downloaded image, files inside have to be intact assuming they are intact at the source.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response. I think you are right, I only had 30Gb space whereas I had read somewhere it needs 40 Gb. I will empty some space and try again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have 52 Gb free in hard disk now, but still getting the same error.

I also tried your command, but I think it is applicable only to the .tar files. The one that is available for download is .iso file.