Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LIS / SIS Table Updates Incorrect

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Using R/3 6.0ECC

I have created a new LIS table against sales orders to track most recent purchase by a customer/material.  I am NOT passing the data to BW and not interested in going to LO at this time, I only want order data populated in the SIS structure.  The table updating is active and Updating (FOART) is set to B to replace.  However, data is not replacing, it is accumulating.  The table fields are Sales Org/Division/Sold to / Ship to /Material and the key field is Reqd Del Date.  Since it is set to B, I expect only to see the most current Req Del Date for a given customer/material.  Instead I see a list of all the historical orders I have loaded and new orders created.  I created in version &( and copied all to version 000.  Still seeing multiple date entries for a customer material.  Any ideas, please?

Thank you in advance for your time and assistance,

Amy Branham

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Edgar is right, it is working correctly. It's not feasible to track "the most recent purchase ever" like that because the info sructures are always updated by period. Period fields are always added to the database table as key fields and we can only choose between daily/monthly/weekly.

You might have to use a custom table instead of SIS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't want to argue with such an esteemed member but you can create an info structure without a period, like S032. It's the "type of IS=C" attribute in MC21.

Depending of the objective a custom table might be the better option. You can still take advantage of the LIS to update it since it acts in the best moment possible to manipulate statistics.

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Edgar Soares wrote:

I don't want to argue with such an esteemed member but you can create an info structure without a period, like S032. It's the "type of IS=C" attribute in MC21.

Edgar, the beauty of SCN is that we can always argue with anyone.

I thought that this type was not available for the custom infostructures, but it seems that when we fill in Application = Sales then it does become available in the drop-down. Live and learn.

Although depending on the definition, it still might not capture "the most recent" purchase as it would probably just overwrite an existing record with the new value, even if the date was earlier than in the existing record.

I'm also wondering what's the purpose of capturing this information in a separate table - using the index tables VAPMA and VAKPA we can get the sales data by either material or partner rather quickly directly from the sales records.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amy,

Redq Del Date is a key figure. The behavior of LIS would be to replace the value in the key it determined. Two different keys, i.e., two different dates would have the effect you described, first date with old value and second date with new value.

Regards,

Edgar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Edgar,

Thanks for your reply!  To confirm... what I expected to see (customer/material/ key Req Del Date):

cust 1234 / material abcd        05/02/2014

cust 5678 / material efgh         05/01/2014

Instead, I have:

cust 1234 / material  abcd       01/01/2014

cust 1234 / material  abcd       03/15/2014

cust 1234 / material  abcd       05/02/2014

cust 5678 / material  efgh        02/10/2012

cust 5678 / material  efgh        05/01/2014

If you agree that the first set of results is what I should have with "B" update type,  what could be causing me to get the second set of results?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do not agree with it at all!

System is behaving as it should. New dates are necessarily new lines. For the same date you will have the replacement behaviour.

If you set the update period to something larger, like month, the values will be replaced also inside the month line.

You could use an info structure without period, or using always the same period. The result would be in this cases what you expect, except you would lose the Reqd Del Date information.

This could be solved with some code in the info structure update rules.

regards,

Edgar